Job Posting |
We are currently hiring a Data Management Director in Madison, WI. The Data Management Director is responsible for a global team at multiple sites around the world with three to seven direct reports, and with a staff count exceeding 50 employees. This role is responsible for managing the P&L associated with global clinical data management activities to ensure that revenue and operating margin targets for ECS-CDARO are achieved as well as setting the electronic data capture (EDC) strategy and implementation for ECS-CDARO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Formulate short-term and long-term strategies to improve data management efficiencies, locally and globally, through collaboration with senior management
• Create and maintain positive, cohesive local work environments to maximize harmonization across all functional areas within the ECS-CDARO organization and across Covance.
• Lead global senior, cross-functional communication efforts through frequent meetings and communication
• Identify and implement solutions to global data management and EDC issues and concerns
• Develop global, harmonized SOPs and specific quality processes and procedures for data management and database programming activities
• Responsible for the global standardization of data management and database programming processes and process improvement and efficiency
• Establish global data management competency models and assist with the development of training programs and ensure staff achievement of position competencies
• Mentor senior data management staff in the various locations and aid in staff development, career development, and achievement of competency standards
• Support business development and marketing activities at client presentations and professional seminars
• Establish and maintain strategic client relationships
• Support project teams on achieving client satisfaction through delivery of quality data, on-time and on-budget
• Manage % utilization of all data management staff
• Ensure revenue and operating margin performance of the data management group to agreed targets
• Review literature and research technologies/procedures for improving global data management and EDC practices
Because of our passion and drive, Covance attracts the kind of people whose contribution has resulted in our exceptional growth. Once a part of our talented team, our employees stay at Covance to work in an environment that encourages career development, allows them to work alongside respected colleagues on challenging projects and provides a diverse global culture.
There is no better time to join us!
• Bachelors / Masters degree preferably in life science, pharmacy or related subject or other related advanced degree
• Ten (10) or more years of relevant work experience with seven (7) or more years of supervisory experience to include data management, database programming, clinical operations, biometrics and knowledge of several therapeutic areas
• Strong managerial and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated skill for management of staff exceeding 20 employees across multiple sites, preferably in multi-national locations
• Financial management of gross revenues in excess of $30M per year
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• In depth knowledge of the clinical trial process, data management, electronic data capture systems, database programming, clinical operations, biometrics, quality management, and systems applications to support operations
• Working knowledge of the relationship and regulatory obligation of the CRO industry with pharmaceutical / biotechnological companies
• Operational experience in other disciplines such as clinical, biometrics, medical writing, pharmacovigilance, safety, quality assurance, regulatory, etc.
• Demonstrates self motivation to lead global teams on business strategies and achievement of department goals, objectives, and initiative
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...