Req ID: 6022
Director of Inventory & Logistics
The Director of Inventory & Logistics will provide oversight and support of the strategies and tactical execution of the logistical and inventory needs of redbox’s supply chain across the United States and Canada. Specifically, this position will oversee the movement, tracking, warehousing, and shipping of discs (movies and video games) as well as managing the inventory of disc returns, the destruction of discs, and the management of associated amaray cases and artwork associated with these two mediums. This position also interacts with our Parts Warehouse that is shipping repair parts and supplies to our Field Service technicians. The Director of Inventory & Logistics also assists in directing the performance of the international supply chain through the management of 3 Third Party Providers and the performance, security, efficiency, and service levels of these 3PLs. This position will also have oversight of the Route Optimization Department and the management of our Fleet of 550+ company cars.
Education & Experience
- Manage relationships with distributors as well as the service level agreements that direct the distributors overall service performance. Direct route optimization initiatives and ensures field compliance to pre-determined routes and reviews ways to improve field efficiency in merchandising kiosks.
- Develop and implement strategies to lower distribution costs, improve service levels to the field, and reduce redbox’s overall per disc distribution costs.
- Oversee the management of freight, IT data feeds that support the distribution network.
- Develop departmental standards that support lean principles and lead / implement processes. Lead cross-functional projects that will enhance the supply chain logistics operations.
- Develop / implement strategies that will increase the efficiency of goods movement and warehousing as well as reduce damage to product during loading and transit.
- Co-manage all correspondence, communications and request for compliance documents with potential vendors, existing vendors, Internal Audit, etc.
- Direct the security of the supply chain as relates to shrink, theft, and the general controls that go with managing 65 M discs.
- Enable scalability of Parts Warehouse and the overall management of parts inventory both at the Warehouse and parts inventory in the field
- Keep abreast of logistical trends in managing inventory, RFID, 3PL freight, and pick, pack, and ship operations.
- Responsible for department leadership including staffing, training, performance management and career development of employees.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management (or related field) required – advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years supply chain distribution experience required with at least 5 years in a leadership capacity.
- Prior experience with distribution routing and navigational systems software preferred (i.e. Road Net)
Redbox®, Coinstar® and ecoATM™ are always on the lookout for innovative thinkers. As part of Outerwall’s growing portfolio of products and services, they’re redefining retail—making everyday life a little simpler and better. If you like solving problems in new ways, if you’re passionate about ideas that become businesses and you want to be part of a team that values you for everything you are, check us out. You’ll find a diverse, dynamic and welcoming work environment full of exciting challenges and endless opportunity.
- High volume pick, pack, and ship operational knowledge a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present data and presentations to Suppliers, staff, or Senior Leaders
- Highly skilled project management and collaborative alignment capabilities.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills with the ability to draw insights from data and develop collaborative solutions to business challenges.
- Experience effectively partnering and leading initiatives across multiple departments Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge and application of lean tools and principals
- Basic SAP knowledge a plus
- Ability to travel and work flexible schedules.
Grow your career at Outerwall with an exciting brand like Coinstar, Redbox or ecoATM. At Outerwall, we believe that diversity and inclusion create organizational strength. If you need an accommodation to complete our application process, please contact us at email@example.com . EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posting Notes: || United States || Illinois || Oakbrook Terrace || NA || None
Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide,...