WellPoint is one of the nations leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 company. At WellPoint, we are dedicated to improving the lives of the people we serve and the health of our communities. WellPoint strives to simplify the connection between health, care, and value for our customers.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
The Director of Reporting and Data Analysis plans, directs, and controls the resources and efforts of reporting and data analysis team to accomplish the objectives of WellPoint through information management. In addition:
WellPoint is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a 2012 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.wellpoint.com/careers . EOE
- Obtains resources of all types (people, funding, material, support) to support business unit information needs and strategic initiatives.
- Provides leadership in motivating subordinates to accomplish reporting and data analysis goals and objectives.
- Develops a strong team through training and effective organizational development practices.
- Reports project status and progress to business unit senior management.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of output and deliverables for assigned functional areas.
- Implements the policies, practices, and procedures of WellPoint and business units supported.
- Has fiscal responsibility for area budgets.
- Establishes relationships with business users both internal and external.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Oversees entire reporting/analysis/consulting unit or all aspects of a centralized function.
- Participates with other executives to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Makes final decisions for IM function at the business unit level and ensures operations effective achievement of objectives.
- Coordinates project management across department & divisional line.
- Have an ability to communicate with customers about technical issues in non-technical terms.
- Understands the business processes that the system supports.
This position requires a Bachelors degree and 10+ years experience leading project teams, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Knowledge of IM technologies, WellPoint organizational structure, and customer information needs. Prior leadership or management experience required. Effective communication skills, including facilitation, consultation, negotiation and persuasion.
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
- Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
program can be found in My HR.
Similar Job Postings
Sr. Business Informatio...
Workforce Management An...
Dir Reporting & Data An...
Dir Reporting & Data An...
Senior Business Informa...
It’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers,...