1. Lead internal multifunctional teams to evaluate product opportunities and establish a broadly supported team recommendation.
2. Present opportunities to Rhodes' senior management and the BOD when requested.
3. Represent Rhodes at industry events to identify opportunities and establish Rhode's presence in the product licensing community.
4. Remain current on industry news for the purposes of identifying appropriate opportunities and to understand the changing dynamics of the industry.
1. Work with third parties with whom we are in discussions to in- license a product candidate. With support from the Law Department staff, develop Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDAs) to support the evaluation and negotiation processes, term sheets, and definitive agreements with the third party. Identify the critical needs of the 3rd party and work with internal groups to identify creative solutions to meet the needs of both parties.
2. Work closely with the Vice President & General Manager, Marketing, Regulatory, Finance, Legal, and Product Development to evaluate the product opportunity. Coordinate the distribution of information to the team, meetings with 3rd parties to present opportunities, and inputs into the opportunity evaluation as information becomes available. Lead the team in due diligence, typically on site at the third parties' locations, to gather the most pertinent information to support Rhodes' decision of whether to proceed with the transaction.
3. Address all questions related to the underlying assumptions and analysis leading to the recommendation. Prepare a strategic view that takes into account how the opportunity could affect Rhodes' current and future business, including how it fits with our existing organization.
4. Participate in industry-wide conferences. Identify and meet with others working in areas of interest to Rhodes to establish a relationship, learn about their business, and consider future or current opportunities to work together. Attend investor conferences to learn of progress in products currently in development and corporate strategy. Attend competitor presentations to learn of strategic intent and development progress of Rhodes' competitors.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
- A Master of Business Administration degree or equivalent, and/or significant experience in technology evaluation and licensing.
- 15 plus years experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, with five years in a licensing or business development role in generic pharmaceuticals.
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
- Knowledge of licensing and business development with emphasis on the generic market
- Technology and market assessment, and product evaluation techniques, including competitive and comparable analyses
- Negotiation skills
- Project and team management skills
- Financial valuation techniques to value potential deals
- Contracting and licensing agreement structure and provisions
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills suitable to relate and work with people from varied cultures and disciplines
- Conduct of due diligenceBrief Description/Overview:
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com. No hard copy resumes will be considered.
Purdue Pharma L.P. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard