This position is responsible for managing all Information Technology needs of the Coventry Site, including multiple businesses (Rhodes Pharmaceuticals, SVC Pharmaceuticals & Rhodes Pharmaceuticals). This position is responsible for leading IT Department resources in support of business applications as well as the strategic and tactical organizational and administrative activities for the successful operation of the IT department. This position will be the IT lead partner with all of the business units, serving as an expert in the areas of IT, providing optimal technical solutions to the various business processes. The incumbent, with the IT Team members, must ensure there is always sufficient system capacity, reliability and appropriate levels of systems backup and recovery in order to run all of the required systems in a compliant and efficient manner. This includes compliance with all FDA, DEA and other regulatory and business requirements. This position will continually establish the annual technical priorities, review (and revise if necessary) all of the IT SOPs on an as needed basis. This position will recommend effective solutions to continually support and improve the user's (customer's) IT experience and at the Coventry site, including remote access as needed. Responsible for interfacing with the various Independent Associated Company IT teams while managing and challenging the annual IT Shared Service Budgets, and if appropriate offering cost effective options. The incumbent (with the support of the IT Team) will support and be responsible for the following:
- All site software application implementations
- Scheduling, execution and follow up of IT projects
- Maintenance and operation of all IT system infrastructure in compliance with all regulatory, business or other requirements
- Preparation and reporting of the annual and long range IT expense and capital budgets
- Support for desktop, laptops, iPhones, Blackberrys and servers
- Manage the Coventry help desk
- Responsible for all IT system activities involved, but not limited to the following areas:
- Product Development
- Regulatory Affairs
- Sales and Marketing
- Analytical and Formulation Development
- Reporting of project status on a regular basis to Senior Management and when required to the Executive Management
- Overall maintenance all site servers, data base administration, infrastructure and site networking, including and not limited to servers, switches, hubs, routers and infrastructure, including external IT communications and links to PPLP and or other Independent Associated Companies.
BS / MS / Equivalent Training / Certification and - 15+ years of relevant experience.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
Acts as a functional expert across multiple IT areas. May need to seek guidance on highly complex issues. Recognizes others' need for development and collaborates with individuals to create a development plan. Implements a talent management process within IT area of responsibility.
- Pharmaceutical experience is a plus
- SAP experience is a real plus
- Good knowledge of maintenance and implementation of servers, database administration
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a business startup environment
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com . No hard copy resumes will be considered.