Wildwood Programs provides quality educational, residential, vocational, social, recreational and therapeutic services to more than 200 students and over 800 adults across a 12 county area in the Capital District region. Each day over 600 full and part time teachers, therapists, social workers, teachers' aides, residence and vocational counselors, job coaches and other direct support professionals give their very best to ensure that the individuals whom Wildwood serves, receive the supports they need to learn, work, play and live in more independent, meaningful and unique ways.
Facilitates the growth and community interaction of an individual with neurological impairments, learning disabilities, or autism. Provides a variety of services necessary to enable the individual to live successfully in the community while providing relief to individuals who provide primary care and support.
Locations: We have openings in Albany, Saratoga, Columbia and Rensselaer counties.
- Works one-on-one in the consumers home and community to address a variety of life skills to include social, recreational and other activities of daily living.
- Follows the goals and/or activities specified in the individual's "Individualized Service Plan" and Community Habilitation Plan.
- In cooperation with the individual and family, the support staff helps to identify skills and competencies to be developed and devises plans to achieve those skills and competencies.
- Assists consumers to identify social, recreation and other community resources the individual may wish to access and devise plans to achieve that access.
- Measures the likelihood of social isolation and develops plans to build social and communal relationships, which prevent or minimize that isolation.
- Negotiates schedules and daily activities.
- Regularly maintains and submits service notes with documentation of the hours worked and the service provided.
- Maintains and submits travel vouchers and reimbursement requests.
- Follows any agreed upon action plan for activities with the individual, including a behavior plan.
- Employs knowledge of emergency procedures as outlined by Wildwood.
- Enhances and promotes social interaction and community participation.
- Presents as a positive role model.
- Works those hours authorized by the Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
- Submits to and reviews reports and problems with the Assistant Director for Community Habilitation.
- Provides transportation for the consumer to and from community activities.
In four surveys in the past seven years 97% of our staff told us they would refer a friend or a member of their family for employment at Wildwood Programs.
WHY? We do worthwhile work and have a sense of accomplishment. We make a difference in people's lives. We work with children and adults with developmental disabilities. Learn why 97% enjoy working here!
RegionalHelpWanted.com - 15 months ago