Requires high school diploma or GED and one year of work experience of providing direct care to special populations (children, elderly, disabled, or other vulnerable individuals). Individual must be able to successfully pass all required background checks. Documentation of Competency/Quality Service Provider (QSP) or equivalent medical certification requirements such as Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), or First Responder Medical Certification is required. Medical certification must be current and provided at the time of application.
If no qualified applicants are found, consideration will be given to underfilling as a Direct Care Associate I , with a salary range of $10.47 to $13.96 per hour. Minimum qualifications require a high school diploma or GED. The individual hired at this level will be required to complete medical certification training at the earliest available opportunity.
The ability to provide services throughout Golden Valley/ Billings Multi County is required of this position. Employee will need to provide own transportation for this position. A valid driver’s license and adequate personal automobile insurance is required.
Human Resource Division
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950) . Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Maurice Hardy, County Director
Employing Unit: Golden Valley/Billings County Social Services
Telephone Number: 701-872-4121
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Primary responsibilities of the position are to provide:
- Direct service to elderly and disabled adults residing in their homes.
- Personal care duties include bathing, hair care, dressing, assisting client with prescribed exercises, and related items.
- Chore service duties include light housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, assistance with shopping, transportation to medical appointments, money management and related items.
- Position requires timely and accurate recordkeeping, training, and adherence to established care plan.
Golden Valley County Social Services offers dynamic work opportunities, a range of employee benefits including single health, vision, dental and life insurances, paid leave, retirement plan and more.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State Government - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard