Education: High school diploma or GED required
Experience: One (1) year employment and/or volunteer experience in the child welfare field working with children and/or adolescents in a social services setting.
1. Supervise DFPS & JPO Children and set appropriate behavioral limits. The Direct Care Staff is authorized to take reasonable action necessary to carry out responsibilities assigned as long as such action does not deviate from established organizational policies and is consistent with program guidelines and sound professional judgment.
2. Maintain positive relationships with clients, staff as well as have a good rapport with therapists, student interns, families, and volunteers.
3. Chart residents' daily progress and activities completely and accurately.
4. Document all serious incidents completely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
5. Implement social and recreational activities.
6. Provide input into development of treatment plans as appropriate.
7. Utilize positive child management techniques including verbal redirection, de-escalations and containment.
8. Participate in group therapy sessions for residents, as necessary.
9. Participate in daily community meetings.
10. Teach constructive behavior and social skills.
11. Teach realistic problem-solving behaviors, responsible time and money management, and life skills.
12. Assist residents with homework assignments, when necessary.
13. Teach good personal hygiene skills.
14. Reinforce positive behavior by providing healthy, positive incentives for residents.
15. Maintain appropriate boundaries with residents at all times.
16. Be a positive role model for residents.
17. Maintain an orderly and clean living area.
18. Oversee daily chores.
19. Assume responsibility for transportation.
20. Assist in orientation of new residents.
21. Provide proper Therapeutic Crisis Intervention when required or directed by staff.
22. Gain a working knowledge of policies.
1. Driving required.
2. Ability to communicate effectively.
3. Possess maturity, sense of confidence and emotional stability.
4. Member of IMT. Attends all mandated trainings for IMT and reports for active duty when required.
5. Other job duties as assigned.
BCFS - 16 months ago
BCFS is a global health and human services non-profit organization with locations and programs in the United States as well as Eastern...