Health Services, Inc. ( UHS ) is one of the
nation's largest and most respected health care management companies,
operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral
health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978,
UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The
UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care
properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise
based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success
comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy
based on integrity, competence and compassion
Youth Center is a secure
therapeutic program designed to assist youth who have been
adjudicated as delinquent and possess a mental illness. Our
utilization of multifaceted and inclusive therapeutic components
affords our residents the opportunity to manage their mental illness
and to learn appropriate behaviors. Our treatment professionals committed to providing quality
treatment and rehabilitation to our residents in an effort to allow
them to become productive members of society.
Turning Point Youth
Center has one per diem Direct Care Worker position
available for our contractual services for Green Haven-a
non-secure juvenille detention center in St. Johns, MI. The candidate
selected for this position will be responsible for the
- Assists in the daily operation of the unit and
displays knowledge of facility policies and procedures.
- Provides supervision of residents off the unit,
including school, MD exams, visitation, court hearings, emergency
medical care, etc.
- Monitoring of activities and ensuring that the
facility operates as it is designed.
- Documentation as assigned will be clearly and
- Maintain a safe therapeutic environment
through vigilant monitoring of the physical plant for dangerous
situations and contraband.
- Provide a positive role model for the youths that
- Consistently exercise good judgment and
exhibit emotional stability when responding in stressful or
- Conduct various types of activities and be
willing and enthusiastic participant.
- Reviews Communication Log daily.
- Keeps current on required in-services,
certifications, and health screens.
- Must work on-call as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the House Supervisor
or other management personnel.
- 30 Semester hours
of college or equivalent quarter (term) hours.
- Minimum of high
school diploma or equivalent & 2 years of work experience in a
facility or child care institution.
- Must possess
- Must be able to report to the Facility if called in to an
on-call shift within twenty minutes.
Universal Health Services
- 2 years ago - save job