GENERAL SUMMARY: Under direct/indirect supervision, Rehabilitation Assistants provide necessary and appropriate personal care and community living supports to persons with developmental disabilities, persons with severe mental illness, and/or individuals with co-occurring diagnosis. The Rehabilitation Assistant provides suitable services with respect and dignity to all persons-served. The Rehabilitation Assistant has a high degree of personal integrity, generates positive energy, and makes a difference every day.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of Rehabilitation Assistant. Some duties described herein may not be assigned to every Rehabilitation Assistant.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Personable, positive, and enthusiastic attitude, with capability to deal effectively with people (internal and external).
2. Knowledge of characteristics and conditions experienced by consumer population.
3. An ability to see the individual value of persons-served and staff peers rather than viewing them only through their organizational role.
4. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, the use of technological advances that include, but is not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet, NP Network, fax/copy machines, cell phones, etc.
5. Able to respond in emergency situations.
6. Ability to answer a business telephone using knowledge of business procedures and etiquette.
7. Ability to schedule/plan work in advance, and set effective and realistic timelines and meet goals.
8. Knowledge of negotiation and mediation techniques.
9. Basic knowledge and skill in simple arithmetic, operating household appliances, basic nutrition, cooking, cleaning performing routine household tasks and routine household maintenance.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to solicit alternate funding through donation solicitation and other fundraising activities.
2. Leadership skills
REQUIRED MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent.
2. One year of related experience if working in a Crisis setting.
1. Two years related experience.
1. Maintain a valid motor vehicle operator license.
2. Complete and maintain all required trainings, certifications, and credentials.
3. Maintain professional licensure in an active status without suspension or revocation throughout employment, as applicable.
4. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
5. Ability to write and/or manipulate a computer keyboard.
6. Ability to hear and speak clearly.
7. Ability to see both near and far.
8. Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, and reach.
9. Ability to work independently and within a team.
10. Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively in both oral and written communications.
11. Able to demonstrate good moral character and even temperament necessary to gain and maintain credibility and trust of persons served and co-workers.
12. Ability to work under challenging conditions.
13. Adherence to applicable licensing rules, accreditation standards, Code of Ethics, insurance reimbursement rules, and New Passages policies and procedures.
14. Assure reliable transportation.