About the company
Brightpearl is the leading commerce acceleration platform helping small to medium size retailers and wholesalers maximize their sales across channels. Our cloud-based platform integrates orders, inventory and customer data enabling our customers to focus on growing their business. Brightpearl eliminates the need for multi-channel retailers to have to cobble together spreadsheets, manual processes and point solution software. With Brightpearl, retailers can be confident that their core business data across both online and offline channels is accurate and under control, saving time, money and providing a solid foundation so they can focus on growth.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the fastest growing software companies in Europe (headquarter in Bristol, UK) which is now expanding out to the US opening our first office in San Francisco in January 2012. Brightpearl is the world's leading cloud-based commerce acceleration platform for small businesses. Over 10,000 businesses have used Brightpearl's platform to sell and serve customers through online and offline channels. We are growing revenue by 40% month on month and in the process creating a vibrant exciting culture that you will enjoy being part of.
About the role
We're looking for a direct marketer extraordinaire to join our fast growing Brightpearl team in San Francisco. This is a critical role as we drive engagement with prospects and customers and build Brightpearl into a powerful, worldwide Brand. Specifically, the person in this role will drive database growth, segmentation, testing, email marketing, reporting and metrics.
This is a hands on operating role – must have experience in and a real love for results-driven direct marketing. If you are a forward-thinking, innovative direct marketer that excels at over-achieving goals – come talk to us! To be completely honest, we think data and testing are pretty exciting.
- Ensure growth and integrity of database and direct ongoing data cleanup , with a strong emphasis on deliverability and scalability;
- Grow prospect database through negotiating list purchases, contact acquisition and partnerships with vendors;
- Develop and execute demand generation programs, with the purpose of generating new sales leads for the company;
- Work with other marketing departments on campaign execution; including list sourcing, segmentation, creation of email campaigns and post-campaign analysis;
- Working closely with Sales & Ops, refine and implement plan to appropriately score all corporate leads and ensure accurate lead flow;
- Provide timely, in-depth analysis and reporting on marketing campaigns;
- Oversee the preparation and dissemination of key marketing reports/metrics to stakeholders;
- Analyze results of programs to identify weakness and create plans for improvement; closely monitor and optimize data integrity and conversion percentages;
- Ensure all projects meet time and budget constraints while ensuring high quality deliverables.
Experience and Required Skills:
This is a three month contract to start off with which might become a permanent role.
- Minimum of five years demand generation or database marketing, including B2B email marketing, SMB experience a real plus;
- Understanding of database marketing, including familiarity with CAN-SPAM and email marketing best practices;
- Experience with salesforce.com and marketing automation platforms (preferably Marketo);
- Ability to examine data, identify patterns and interpret results;
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Creativity and ability to quickly grasp complex technical and business concepts and express them in clear language;
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes;
- High self-motivation with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail;
- BA/BS in Marketing or Business or equivalent history of creative and successful lead generation programs.
Brightpearl - 18 months ago
Brightpearl is a fully integrated, web-based business management software system. It allows you to run all your business processes through...