Job Title: Direct Marketing Specialist
Job ID: 03313
Division : Marketing
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Preferred candidates will have a mathmatical and/or statistical aptitude, direct mail and vendor managment experience, and an insurance background.
The Direct Marketing Specialist implements and oversees the delivery of direct marketing programs (Direct Mail, Email, Telemarketing, SMS and MMS Text, Transpromotional Messaging, Selective Inserts, and other emerging Direct Marketing channels) to generate profitable acquisition of new customers, create new revenue from existing customers, retain existing households, and increase customer satisfaction. Monitors the effectiveness of programs and ensures programs market the right target with the right message at the right time. Maintains direct marketing metrics, databases, and technology.
- Direct Marketing Program Implementation (30%)
- Maintains campaign documentation, including campaign process and specifications.
- Manages campaign schedules and coordinates production with internal and external partners.
- Reviews and approves campaign data audits and production proofs.
- Coordinates campaign set-up and communications on the distributed marketing portal.
- Reviews direct marketing programs on a regular basis to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Works with distributed marketing portal customer service to develop program FAQs and materials to help answer agent and field management questions.
- Attends press checks as needed.
- Direct Marketing Program Measurement/Success (25%)
- Reviews direct marketing metrics and measures on a regular basis to recommend and implement changes to improve campaign effectiveness and efficiency.
- Monitors current testing initiatives to identify winners/losers.
- Monitors and analyzes performance metrics and works with business partners to optimize efficiencies and effectiveness in providing an exceptional, seamless customer experience.
- Maintains key performance indicators to be used to measure the effectiveness of the direct marketing programs.
- Direct Marketing Program Oversight (20%)
- Manages complexity and volume of ongoing programs as well as time sensitive direct marketing opportunities.
- In conjunction with Marketing Planning, develops revenue/cost per sale/profit forecasts and budget for programs. Reviews invoices for accuracy and submits for payment. Develops, analyzes and justifies budgets. Allocates and tracks expenses for marketing investments. Assumes accountability for budget items.
- Works with the Consumer Market & Research team to develop and implement test and control methodology to ensure continuous program profit improvement.
- Participates in cross departmental teams to develop and implement direct marketing programs as part of broader integrated campaigns initiated by Product Portfolio, Marketing Strategy, Brand @ Retail, Advertising, etc.
- Communicates with business areas and management on direct marketing campaigns and customer impacts.
- Applies corporate and division project and program management tools and methods including project planning, risk management, resource management, scheduling, stakeholder management, implementation, and benefits realization.
- Serves as the contact for existing projects involving direct marketing.
- Supplier Management (15%)
- Communicates production schedule and campaign needs and changes with suppliers on a day-to-day basis.
- Troubleshoots production issues and works with suppliers to resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Manages stock reorder points of mail piece inventory.
- Direct Marketing Trends and Technology (10%)
- Supports and enhances direct marketing business systems.
- Monitors competitive activity in assigned programs to identify opportunities for American Family Insurance.
- Works with Digital Marketing and/or suppliers to manage, and initiate content and functionality enhancements to department and supplier websites based on user feedback.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Planning & Organizing
- Relationship Building
- Technical Expertise
- Basic knowledge and understanding of marketing databases and information systems.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of direct marketing programs (Direct Mail, Email, Telemarketing, SMS and MMS Text, Transpromotional Messaging, Selective Inserts, and/or other emerging Direct Marketing channels).
- Basic knowledge and understanding of project management principles and processes.
- Demonstrated experience with supplier management.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 20 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...