Summary: The purpose of this position is to generate and retain revenue through the management of a regional sales team. Develop, train, monitor, coach and motivate members of a door to door sales team. Assist in providing employees with quality information relating to products, services, offers, marketing strategies and service skills to ensure development of quality customers. Responsible for measuring performance and achievement of regional direct sales goals and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage the day to day direct sales process in order to ensure directional movement towards department goals.
• Motivate and train sales reps through regular touch points including periodic training sessions
• Perform periodic walk-a-longs in order to develop training and provide on-the-job training
• Propose, plan, and execute a sales incentive program
• Develop recruitment efforts in order to sustain quality staff at all times
• Assist in the continued development and refinement of MDU account management; the main goal being to establish ongoing relationships with property owners and management companies in order to maintain and maximize penetration of MDU markets.
• Manage, improve upon and trouble shoot direct sales software application
• Work in close collaboration with the marketing group to carry out key regional initiatives
• Report weekly and monthly progress of department.
• Assist in forecast account and customer goals and objectives.
• Keep abreast of telephony requirements, services, competitive responses and capabilities.
• Provide vital data, customer needs, and other account demographic information to the Suddenlink related departments.
• Support Suddenlink trade shows and other company sponsored industry events.
• Assist in forecasting and maintaining department budget.
• Work in a safe positive manner.
• Represent Suddenlink Communications with a positive image in all applications of job requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Supervise department requirements and all human resource aspects of Direct Sales Representative. Position Requirements To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies (this is not an inclusive list):
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
Delegation - Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and/or equivalent related experience and/or training; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in managing a sales force preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software; Human Resource systems and Project Management software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.