Posting Job Title: Direct Sales Representative
Requisition #: 145179BR
Posting Location: Olean, NY, US
Area of Interest: Sales
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable East Region Sales Department currently seeks a Direct Sales Representative located in Olean, NY. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Responsible for generating new and upgraded sales door-to-door of cable and related services to potential and existing subscribers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Canvasses assigned territory for new customers and make sales calls in person to existing and potential customers throughout the Division.
- Ability to properly answer general information inquiries for customers related to pricing, programming, billing and installation.
- Completes customer sales orders and collect monies, if necessary.
- Provides customer follow-up calls as needed.
- Retrieves any miscellaneous company equipment while in the field.
- Works various and periodic shifts on a rotating basis at retail locations, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to report to the work office location on a daily basis.
- Attends all sales and product knowledge meetings including sales training classes.
- Submits all daily tracking reports per the department guidelines.
- Achieves all established goals set by management on a consistent basis including contacting the required number of issued leads.
- Provides accurate, precise and prompt sales and commission reports to Direct Sales Supervisor and/or team Lead.
- Maintains current company materials of all prices, programming and channel line- ups, etc.
- Assists and participates in other projects as required including retail site events and trade shows.
- Follows all guidelines established by the Marketing/Sales Department.
- Maintains a positive company image and provides excellent customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Demonstrates effective sales, listening and time management skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to travel door- to-door.
- Provides and maintains a valid driver's license, safe driving record, and own vehicle including proof of vehicle liability insurance coverage as required by the Company.
- Ability to work rotating shifts at retail kiosk locations, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possesses general knowledge of service area and map reading skills.
- Ability to continuously learn and retain knowledge of new services and promotions being offered by the company.
- Possess ability to learn and execute marketing/selling techniques.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills including excellent listening and people skills.
- Understands and adheres to all Company and department policies and procedures.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers and decimals.
- Basic knowledge of mathematics.
- Sales experience desired.
- Basic knowledge of cable billing system preferred.
- Interacts extensively with external customers over the phone and in person.
- Regularly interacts with Division employees and occasionally with employees of other cable divisions and internal departments.
FCC Unit_TWC: 1811
Controlling Establishment ID: 00334 - Cheektowaga 2875 Union Rd
Time Warner Cable - 15 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...