Posting Job Title: Direct Sales Representative
Requisition #: 148450BR
Posting Location: Syracuse, NY, US
Area of Interest: Sales
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable East Region Sales Department currently seeks a Direct Sales Representative located in Syracuse, NY. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Responsible for generating new and upgraded sales door-to-door of cable and related services to potential and existing subscribers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Canvasses assigned territory for new customers and make sales calls in person to existing and potential customers throughout the Division.
- Ability to properly answer general information inquiries for customers related to pricing, programming, billing and installation.
- Completes customer sales orders and collect monies, if necessary.
- Provides customer follow-up calls as needed.
- Retrieves any miscellaneous company equipment while in the field.
- Works various and periodic shifts on a rotating basis at retail locations, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to report to the work office location on a daily basis.
- Attends all sales and product knowledge meetings including sales training classes.
- Submits all daily tracking reports per the department guidelines.
- Achieves all established goals set by management on a consistent basis including contacting the required number of issued leads.
- Provides accurate, precise and prompt sales and commission reports to Direct Sales Supervisor and/or team Lead.
- Maintains current company materials of all prices, programming and channel line- ups, etc.
- Assists and participates in other projects as required including retail site events and trade shows.
- Follows all guidelines established by the Marketing/Sales Department.
- Maintains a positive company image and provides excellent customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates effective sales, listening and time management skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to travel door- to-door.
- Provides and maintains a valid driver's license, safe driving record, and own vehicle including proof of vehicle liability insurance coverage as required by the Company.
- Ability to work rotating shifts at retail kiosk locations, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possesses general knowledge of service area and map reading skills.
- Ability to continuously learn and retain knowledge of new services and promotions being offered by the company.
- Possess ability to learn and execute marketing/selling techniques.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills including excellent listening and people skills.
- Understands and adheres to all Company and department policies and procedures.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers and decimals.
- Basic knowledge of mathematics.
- Sales experience desired.
- Basic knowledge of cable billing system preferred.
- Interacts extensively with external customers over the phone and in person.
- Regularly interacts with Division employees and occasionally with employees of other cable divisions and internal departments
FCC Unit_TWC: 1053
Controlling Establishment ID: 00247 - Syracuse Court St Rd
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 13 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...