Direct Sales Representative
Physical Location: Suwanee Corporate Office Location: Sales - Southeast Zone
Location City: Suwanee Department/Function: Sales
State/Territory/Province: US-GA Last updated: 4/22/14 9:38 AM
VWR International, LLC, headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a global laboratory supply and distribution company with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2013. VWR enables the advancement of the world's most critical research through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, educational, governmental and healthcare industries. With 160 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities in 35 countries spanning the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates around the world working to streamline the way researchers across North America, Europe, and Asia stock and maintain their labs. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing onsite services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Accountable for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory through phone activity. Also, select accounts within local geography base which requires weekly travel in order to gain Market share gains based on sales activities at customer locale. Develops and implements agreed upon Operating Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer sales in the assigned account base. Work within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company business strategy.
- Manage a territory consisting of many customers within a specific market segment.
- Drive market share gains and meet company expectations for growth by completing a large volume of outbound phone calls each day and coordinate travel schedule to key customer locations.
- Prospect and establish new customers by managing a sales pipeline and developing and delivering proposals to customers by illustrating VWR’s value proposition. Sell consultatively, detailing products, determine customer needs and requirements, and make recommendations to both prospects and customers of the various solutions VWR can offer their business.
- Work with sales management to develop strategic territory business plans for achievement of sales growth and quota attainment.
- Work in conjunction with sales management team providing proposals and implementing sales strategies to achieve sales growth.
- Build and sustain relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Manage VWR’s vast product portfolio and execute and implement company defined sales and marketing strategies.
- Expand VWR’s role with existing customers by developing retention strategies illustrating VWR’s value proposition in conjunction with evolving customer requirements.
- Leverage available resources to effectively implement company marketing plan, strategies and sales processes.
- Represent and develop strong relationships with manufacturers.
- Work directly with local manufacturer representatives to develop and continually improve product knowledge, arrive at most favored pricing, and improve account profitability.
Experience & Skills:
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills, routinely interacting with customers, manufacturers, and VWR staff
- Ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision maker
- Ability to handle difficult situations and interactions
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage time and territory
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to sell strategically within an account
- Ability to understand individual customer operations
- Willingness to travel to customer locations as needed
- Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- College Degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-3+ Years Sales Experience Preferred
- Business to Business Sales Experience Preferred
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level with extensive regional travel to customer locations.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace
VWR International, LLC - 5 months ago
VWR International, LLC, is a global distributor of laboratory supplies and services whose reach and range focus on customer value. With more...