Posting date: November 16, 2012
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Sales position with our Inside Sales team. Primary duties and responsibilities include selling Thermo Fisher Scientific products and services by telephone to achieve sales and profit forecasts, maintain effective customer relations, and drive market penetration and profitability. Entry level sales position leading to potential career advancement which includes but is not limited to promotion to an outside sales territory, marketing position, or an assignment of increased responsibility in Inside Sales.
Cover vacant Field territories upon Manager request.
- Execute professional sales calls via telephone to increase profitable sales growth and territory penetration.
- Establish and develop customer relationships to cultivate customer loyalty and allegiance.
- Develop a business plan to achieve sales goals and objectives; results oriented.
- Maintain knowledge of products, services, competitive activity, and other general information of interest to customers.
- Participate in training and development programs as a means of continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with internal and external team members to develop account specific strategies.
- Occasional travel to customer sites and sales meetings.
The following experience or knowledge is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business strongly preferred; Advanced degree acceptable
- Proficient with MS Office and Internet
- Exhibit clear verbal and written communication
- Highly motivated and competitive
- Proficiency in Consultative Selling
- Prior medical sales
- 1-2 years sales experience strongly preferred
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and...