Direct Support Professional External Substitutes
Friday, January 25, 2013
At SPIN, we are proud to be named to the Philadelphia Inquirer's Top Work Places three years in a row and Training Top 125 Magazine Award for outstanding training and development for the past ten years! However, we can't reach these accolades without the support of your fantastic and dedicated employees!
Now, you have the opportunity to join an award winning organization and make an impact on people's lives every day!
Currently, SPIN is searching for DSP External Substitutes who are ready to help adults with intellectual disabilities grow towards independence in their homes and in the community. This position allows for a flexible work schedule, ability to gain work experience or earn supplemental income.
SPIN’s External Substitutes:
- Providing person centered support to each adult living in their home
- Introducing new experiences to encourage growth
- Implementing goals
- Ensuring health and safety by following each individual’s plan
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Work on an as-needed basis
- Fill in for various shifts (8A-4P, 4P-12A, 12A-8A)
- Work a minimum of 16 hours per month but work no more than 99 hours per month (Exception: Summer Months, Winter Holiday-unlimited)
- Paid $12.50 an hour
- Complete a two-week training program
SPIN maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing
- High School Diploma / GED
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Valid PA/NJ Driver’s License
- One year of driving experience with a driver’s license
Special People In Northeast Inc - 19 months ago