POSITION TITLE: Direct Support Professional DATE: March
REPORTS TO: Residential Supervisor or House Supervisor
POSITION STATUS: Non-Exempt
CORE COMPETENCIES: Effective Communication,
Accountability, Problem Solving, Service Excellence,
Teamwork, Integrity, Technological Proficiency,
Attention to Detail, Interpersonal Skills, & Commitment.
POSITION STATUS: Non-Exempt
Direct Support Professionals are responsible for
providing and maintaining a safe, supportive and
therapeutic environment which fosters individual
development, choices, and growth. Provide appropriate
emotional, medical, physical, vocational, social, and
educational support designed to meet the need and desire
as outlined in the individuals IP/ISP. Monitor for
outcome and report findings to the team for revision
purposes to ensure the individual can live as
independent as possible.
1. Assist, monitor, and teach individuals in all areas
of activities of daily living skills including but not
· Meal time
· Self medication
· Social skills
· Human Sexuality
· Community Integration
· Peer Interaction
· Emergency Skills
· Menu Planning
· Grocery Shopping
· Vocational Skills
Direct Support Professional Page 2
2. Assist in creating a network of natural supports.
3. Encourage individual empowerment through choice
4. Participate in the IP/ISP process by communicating
individuals success and issues to the immediate
5. Document all individual information as required by
6. Maintain and secure all financial information and
monies for the individuals as required by
Quality Outcomes- 15%
1. Report all Unusual and Major Unusual incidents
according to agency policy/procedure.
2. Participate in investigations as required per
3. Conduct and document fire drills as required.
4. Conduct and document emergency drills as required.
5. Participate in all regulatory and compliance reviews
Staff Development- 10%
1. Attend required trainings to maintain all required
certifications for continued employment.( First Aid,
2. Obtain and maintain Medication Certification.
3. Ensure drivers license and car insurance remains
current for continued employment.
4. Attend all mandatory staff trainings to enhance
personal competencies of the individuals and agency.
5. Ensure completion of all on- line trainings in the
College of Direct Support (CDS), within the required
6. Participate in agency programs that teach
7. Perform other related duties as directed by the
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND TWO WEEK
MANDATORY TRAINING CLASSES M-F 9A-5:30PM. WE ARE HIRING
FOR 2ND SHIFT, 3RD SHIFT OR VARIED SHIFTS. PLEASE NOTE,
WE DO NOT HAVE FIRST SHIFTS AVAILABLE.
Must be at least 21 yrs of age
High School Diploma or GED
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Valid Ohio Driver’s License
Must comply with organization driving requirements
Must have own vehicle available to transport individuals
Must have proof of vehicle liability insurance
Must obtain Koinonia’s medication certification
Koinonia Homes - 15 months ago