Provide ongoing support for children with developmental disabilities. Position involves assisting children with basic living skills, communication, community interaction, and recreation. Maintain a clean, safe, stimulating living environment, providing transportation, and supporting children to become active members of their community. Service provision focuses on maintaining or enhancing the child's self-esteem, promoting power, choice, and teaching functional skills that are alternatives to maladaptive behavior.
- Provides assistance to participants in the areas of personal care, home management, meal planning shopping, and health maintenance.
- Assists participants in learning basic living skills, adapting to the community environment, and establishing supportive relationships within the community.
- Provides Positive Behavioral Support in home and community involvement.
- Interacts with parents, case managers and the public in a positive, professional manner.
- Transports and meets participants at various community locations to assist in basic living skills.
- Investigates and initiates community involvement/community access opportunities for program participants.
- Dresses and acts as an appropriate role model for employment demands and community involvement.
- Gathers and supplies information to maintain Tailored Life Plans and satisfying all reporting requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Promotes and practices teamwork through respectful interactions with other staff.
- Must be at least 21 years old and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have one year experience working with children.
- Willingness to work a flexible, non-traditional schedule.
- Have skills and abilities to work successfully with the challenging behaviors of children in care.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to problem solve.
- Must be able to lift and/or transfer a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Valid driver's license, insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Experience with Positive Behavioral Support, behavior management, and training programs helpful.
- A fun, creative work environment
- Paid Training
- Advancement opportunities
- Strong support and encouragement from upper management
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long- and short-term disability
- Supplemental Insurance products including Critical Illness and Accidental Injury (all employees 20 hours or more)
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
SL Start - 7 months ago