Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with
20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse
workforce. Department Overview
The Safety Department works with all lines of business to develop and integrate innovative and proactive safety and health solutions. The department develops company-wide policies and procedures for Safety and Health and
provides subject matter expertise on a variety of safety disciplines. Safety maintains knowledge of, interprets and determines regulatory compliance with safety and health regulations, policies, and public and organizational safety programs. Position
This position provides a wide range of administrative support to Directors within the Safety Department. This key person will interface with all teams to facilitate departmental goals. Qualifications
- High School Diploma OR equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of administrative support experience
and planning skills
- Communication & interpersonal skills, portraying a high degree of professionalism
discretion and judgment in dealing with sensitive or confidential information
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, prioritize work and manage time to meet deadlines
- Flexible and open to change
- Ability to use
Applications: Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Search. May also require experience and knowledge with PG&E specific applications such as SRM, Concur, HR SAP, CATS, Visio, SharePoint
- Political and organizational savvy
- Motivated, self-starter, eager to master new skills
- Ability to foster teamwork, collaborative environment
- Software / Office
and events. Coordinate & ensure meeting logistics are in place. Reschedule appointments. May greet and escort parties to scheduled meetings.
- Calendaring, Scheduling & Meeting Logistics: Manage & prioritize calendar. Arrange ongoing/recurring as well as ad hoc meetings & conference calls. Schedule conference rooms, set up audio visual or on-line meeting tools
documents for signature. Assist with phones, phone screening, oral contacts & communications, take phone messages. Utilize polished professionalism and communication skills while serving as liaison on behalf of the leader or department. (Note: The balance of
- Written & Oral Correspondence: Compose, proofread, edit & format written correspondence, agendas, and
internal vs. external contacts, as well as the type of contact will vary by leader supported). May monitor, sort and prioritize emails for the leader, and use discretion and business judgment to respond directly or to forward to team members for response.
system, tool or process, communicate and report on status.
- Refer / Delegate / Track Questions, Actions & Issues: Refer or delegate business issues or questions to others for resolution on behalf of leader or team. Follow up to ensure issue or question status & resolution. Track action items using a follow-up
Process, distribute mail. May assist or coordinate maintaining information on intranet site. Maintain a records management system, including efficient filing system, document storage.
- Documentation, Records Management & Filing: Prepare or assist in preparing documents, reports, presentations, meeting materials, documents for signature. Prepare copies, arrange materials.
individuals and groups. Arranging conference facilities, catering. Managing logistics for travel, group and events arrangements. Create detailed itineraries. Audit/monitor for adherence to corporate travel guidelines.
- Coordinate Travel & Events: Handle all travel related aspects for
Order & maintain an inventory of items required. Order new equipment or schedule, service / maintenance. Order supplies.
- Office Supplies & Equipment Ordering:
expense reports. Manage commercial card usage and reconciliation of statements. May monitor department budgets, costs. May monitor adherence to expense report policy. May include credit card administration. May maintain subscriptions, memberships. May process check
- Prepare Invoices, Purchase Orders, Expense Reports, Budgets: Assist with processing of invoices, purchase orders/requisitions &
& wire transfer requests. May prepare and distribute invoices, request payment.
plans, performance management, organization change requests, pay change requests, rewards and recognition forms, organization chart updates, emergency lists. Order LAN ID and assets for new hires. Monitor & track staff participation in required training, reading
- HR, Safety, Compliance Training, Building & Asset Related Tasks: Handle HR related administrative tasks including time reporting, pay planning, performance improvement
or action including safety and compliance. Complete building services requests. May coordinate office space planning. Handle all aspects of new employee onboarding.
- Create Presentations: Create, assemble, modify, proofread presentations, spreadsheets,
- Create Reports & Track Metrics: Manage data, metrics tracking and reporting, report creation and execution.
- Backup Other Administrative Assistants
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- 2 years ago - save job
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...