Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with
20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse
workforce. Department Overview
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission
operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response. Position Summary
This Director’s Assistant position will report to the Director of Restoration and
Control. This is a dynamic position which requires a professional attitude and the ability to operate in a very fast paced and changing environment.
The Director is willing to train and sees this position as an opportunity for starting your career with the
Outlook) - calendaring, email, scheduling, correspondence, spreadsheets, etc.
- 3 years of administrative support experience or equivalent education.
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate skill set in MS Office Software (Word, Excel,
to handle highly sensitive/confidential information.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing multiple assignments concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster professional relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate information verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability
conference rooms, set up audio visual or on-line meeting tools and events. Coordinate & ensure meeting logistics are in place.
- Calendaring, Scheduling & Meeting Logistics: Manage & prioritize calendar. Arrange ongoing/recurring, as well as, ad hoc meetings & conference calls. Schedule
signature. Assist with phones, phone screening, oral contacts & communications. Utilize professionalism and communication skills while serving as liaison on behalf of the Director. Monitor, sort and prioritize emails for the Director, using discretion and
- Written & Oral Correspondence: Compose, proofread, edit & format written correspondence, agendas, and documents for
business judgment to respond directly or to forward to team members for response.
issue or question status & resolution. Track action items, communicate and report on status.
- Refer / Delegate / Track Questions, Actions & Issues: Refer or delegate business issues or questions to others for resolution on behalf of the director. Follow up to ensure
Maintain a records management system, including efficient filing system.
- Documentation, Records Management & Filing: Prepare or assist in preparing documents, reports, presentations, meeting materials, documents for signature.
Reports: Monitor adherence to expense report policy.
- Coordinate Travel & Social Arrangements: Handle travel arrangements for the Director. Arrange conference facilities, catering, etc. as necessary.
- Prepare and Review Expense
change requests, rewards and recognition forms. Monitor & track participation in required training, reading or action including safety and compliance.
- HR, Safety, and Compliance Training: Handle HR related administrative tasks including time reporting, pay planning, performance improvement plans, performance management, organization change requests, pay
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 11 months ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...