Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Provide administrative support to one or more Directors or Executives. All employees are responsible for performing their jobs in accordance with PG&E's vision and values.
- Must possess a minimum of a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience supporting manager level or above
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelors Degree
- Communication & interpersonal skills, portraying a high degree of professionalism
- Organization and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, prioritize work and manage time to meet deadlines
- Flexible and open to change
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in dealing with sensitive or confidential information
- Political and organizational savvy
- Motivated, self-starter, eager to master new skills
- Ability to foster teamwork, collaborative environment
Responsibilities typically include many or all of the following:
conference calls. Schedule conference rooms, set up audio visual or on-line meeting tools and events. Coordinate & ensure meeting logistics are in place. Reschedule appointments. May greet and escort parties to scheduled meetings.
- Calendaring, Scheduling & Meeting Logistics: Manage & prioritize calendar. Arrange ongoing/recurring as well as ad hoc meetings &
HR related administrative tasks including time reporting, pay planning, performance improvement plans, performance management, organization change requests, pay change requests, rewards and recognition forms, organization chart updates, emergency lists. Order LAN ID and assets for new hires. Monitor & track staff participation in required training, reading or action including safety and compliance. Complete building services requests. May coordinate office space planning. Handle allaspects of new employee onboarding.
- Written & Oral Correspondence: Compose, proofread, edit & format written correspondence, agendas, and documents for signature. Assist with phones, phone screening, oral contacts & communications, take phone messages. Utilize polished professionalism and communication skills while serving as liaison on behalf of the leader or department. (Note: The balance of internal vs. external contacts, as well as the type of contact will vary by leader supported). May monitor, sort and prioritize emails for the leader, and use discretion and business judgment to respond directly or to forward to team members for response.
- Refer / Delegate / Track Questions, Actions & Issues: Refer or delegate business issues or questions to others for resolution on behalf of leader or team. Follow up to ensure issue or question status & resolution. Track action items using a follow-up system, tool or process, communicate and report on status.
- Documentation, Records Management & Filing: Prepare or assist in preparing documents, reports, presentations, meeting materials, documents for signature. Prepare copies, arrange materials. Process, distribute mail. May assist or coordinate maintaining information on intranet site. Maintain a records management system, including efficient filing system, document storage.
- Coordinate Travel & Events: Handle all travel related aspects for individuals and groups. Arranging conference facilities, catering. Managing logistics for travel, group and events arrangements. Create detailed itineraries. Audit/monitor for adherence to corporate travel guidelines.
- Office Supplies & Equipment Ordering: Order & maintain an inventory of items required. Order new equipment or schedule, service / maintenance. Order supplies.
- Prepare Invoices, Purchase Orders, Expense Reports, Budgets: Assist with processing of invoices, purchase orders/requisitions & expense reports. Manage commercial card usage and reconcilliation of statements. May monitor department budgets, costs. May monitor adherence to expense report policy. May include credit card administration. May maintain subscriptions, memberships. May process check & wire transfer requests. May prepare and distribute invoices, request payment. HR, Safety, Compliance
- Training, Building & Asset Related Tasks: Handle
NOTE: Other responsibilities may be assigned in addition to those listed above based on the needs of the Leader and the organizatio
- Create Presentations: Create, assemble, modify, proofread presentations, spreadsheets, reports.
- Create Reports & Track Metrics: Manage data, metrics tracking and reporting, report creation and execution.
- Backup and support to other Executive Assistants as required. This will include flexibility with the work schedule when necessary.
- Reports to and assists Director(s)
- Understands and supports function(s) reporting into the Director
- Travel arrangements are typically infrequent and for the Director, individual employees in the department or a small to mid size group with typical air, hotel, ground transportation. Meeting or conference arrangements are typically at PG&E facilities including San Ramon Conference Center.
- Monitor expenses for adherence to company policies and procedures, create and submit expense reports.
- Assist in determining building and asset related needs, process required forms and monitor progress.
- Schedule meetings for internal groups of employees. Resolve competing priorities.
- Works proactively and anticipates needs.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 21 months ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...