PayScale provides tools and data for businesses and consumers to manage their compensation plans, strategies and careers. We provide consumers with knowledge about their worth in the market, and we provide businesses with the most current data and cloud-based subscription solutions that enable them to manage compensation plans like they are a Fortune 500 company.
We're looking for bright, creative people with passion. We're a 'midstage' company with thousands of real customers and $10+ million in revenue that are the result of building innovative products, data and solutions. We have over 2,700 business customers and over 40M consumers that use our solutions every day of the week. We have been aggressively growing our revenue for the last 5 years and will be profitable within the next 12 months. We have a casual, friendly and supportive work culture that appreciates and promotes good ideas, values every team member and provides opportunities for advancement.
We offer competitive salary packages and believe in rewarding those who go the extra mile. Our benefits packages include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts. We also have an employee referral program, employee appreciation events, and some seriously entertaining personalities. Located in the always interesting Pioneer Square district in Seattle, our office is walking distance from restaurants, shops, art galleries, ferries, the Chinatown/International District bus tunnel, and also the Seahawks, Sounders and Mariners are just out our front door (or optionally from our 4th floor balcony while having a barbecue).
Are you looking for an opportunity of a lifetime? Are you a challenge-seeker? Do you want to expand your skills and have fun doing it? Then PayScale is the place for you!
We have a 10-12 person account management team at PayScale. This team is responsible for managing all of our existing customer relationships, renewals, and up-sales/cross sales. The Director of Account Management will manage this team and be responsible for achieving our financial goals with our installed base of customers. This position will report to the CEO. Your responsibilities will include managing the account management team, managing the renewal pipeline, defining renewal strategies and programs, defining requirements for installed base marketing programs, and providing input for product development. Melding both business and customer service acumen and creativity, you should thrive on the challenge of taking on new things, understanding target markets, segmenting and helping our customers succeed. You will need to be passionate about monitoring performance and continuously improving churn and renewal performance through smart strategy, program and execution.
This is a true player/coach role which would include a hands-on project leadership component, in addition to broader management and strategic responsibility. Customer satisfaction, based on client feedback, and account revenue growth, along with quantitative project performance metrics, will be key measures of success. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience leading a successful and proactive account management team with a track record of sustained growth across accounts.
- Achievement of renewal, churn and bookings goals for the account management team.
- Owns the development of all strategies and programs for customer renewals and improving our results over time.
- Develops strategic relationships, both internally and externally, to effectively lead the account management team and cultivate strong and long-lasting client relationships.
- Cultivates and expands existing client relationships through proactive client management, communication, and development, and successful development of digital marketing programs aligned to client business goals and objectives
- Provides input to product and technology teams based on current customer feedback and renewal feedback.
- Deeply understands customer needs and user experiences and anticipates customer requests
- Provides ongoing surveillance of clients’ business and proactively reports competitive intelligence, helping to drive differentiation for their products in the marketplace
- Provides oversight to the contract development and renewal process, partners with key stakeholders.
- Drives strategic planning and programs for all major accounts. Manages high-level program priorities, working collaboratively with cross-functional leaders, to ensure client objectives and outcomes are achieved within established timeframes.
- Oversees regular client program audit and analysis; leads quarterly business reviews which include reporting of statistical trends of current program performance and recommendations for future improvement/enhancements to program.
- Serves as an escalation point for client management; works creatively, within company standards and contractual obligations, to resolve issues.
- Establishes Account Management standards and procedures to ensure consistency and efficiency.
- Talent management; provides leadership, recruiting, coaching, teaching and champions career development for Account Management team members.
- Forecasting associated with renewals and current customers.
- At least 10-15 years of total relevant work experience, with at least 5 years within an account management roles
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a team of professionals in a high-performing teams in fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professional staff from varied disciplines and backgrounds
- Strong client-facing skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Excellent listening and critical thinking skills
- Confidence in managing clients at varying levels of seniority and experience
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills internally and with clients
- High level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and adhere to the company’s documentation protocols – contact reports, status reports, financial tracking, etc.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ability to wear multiple hats and work effectively in an emerging company environment