CSM Corporation, a leader in the real estate industry through Acquiring, Developing and Managing property since 1976 is seeking a Director of Acquisitions & Investments to take ownership of our growing commercial real estate business. As an organization, we thrive in opportunistic situations, hence increasing our value proposition, and with the recovery of the economy; this is an exciting time for us to expand our portfolio by assessing distressed assets on the market and turning them into profitable businesses.
The Director of Acquisitions & Investments is responsible for sourcing, analyzing, and conducting feasibility studies on potential loan / portfolio acquisitions; distressed assets; strategic land purchases, and divestitures of current portfolio assets. In addition, this position will manage the timelines, due diligence and data collection processes and be responsible for negotiating details of each transaction including closing the deal.
CSM’s CORE VALUES
- Exemplifies integrity and trust
- Committed to quality and outstanding service
- Treats everyone with respect
- Dedicated to continuous improvement
- Committed to the future of our communities
Process Improvement / Innovation
Accountability / Drive for Results
Handles Pressure Well
Attention to Detail
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Strategic Planning. Participate in analysis of overall acquisition and development strategies for the CSM commercial real estate portfolio. Thoroughly understand the CSM portfolio strategy and work within these broad guidelines. Recommend courses of action to achieve optimal success in current and future markets. This position may organize and direct a team of resources (brokers, architects, contractors, attorneys, municipal reps, etc.) to formulate the best proposal.
2. Financial Analysis. Perform in-depth investment analysis of relevant opportunities. Supervise, review and prepare financial models, lead financial and operational due diligence, and provide recommendations based on findings.
3. Market Research/Sourcing. Source, establish and maintain relationships with real estate bankers, brokers, owners, and other industry insiders to facilitate sourcing. Utilize such relationships to gain the most current market knowledge and obtain the first opportunity to analyze and secure potential acquisitions. Assemble and analyze real estate market data to determine the highest and best use for an asset or portfolio. Negotiate transactions that provide value creation and targeted return on investment.
4. Acquisition/Divestiture. Investigate the status of the real estate property or loan portfolio. Formulate preliminary economic pro-formas to determine the feasibility of the project as it relates to any re-development and operating costs. Outline the entire project schedule and assign accountability. Draft letters of intent and purchase agreements for the property. Negotiate the terms of the purchase agreements with the owners of the properties. Coordinate the assemblage of due diligence information to successfully close on the purchase of the property. Must analyze upside potential of the asset through property additions or capital enhancements and good management. Responsible for assembling due diligence information through to and including closing of title. Handles all aspects of the purchase after close that are not finalized during the closing process.
5. Communication. Communicates effectively and frequently with various departments, legal, asset management, etc. to ensure sound business decisions are made. Ensure that all the key players are up to speed at all times.
6. Company Representation: Represents CSM in a professional manner at various conferences, associations, and professional meetings relating to development and acquisitions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in business or real estate related field required. MBA or Advanced degree preferred. Commercial real estate professional designations preferred.
- 10+ years experience in Midwest based portfolio or distressed loan acquisition, commercial property development and financing.
- Well connected in Twin Cities real estate and banking community;
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills;
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and tasks.
- Software proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Creativity; ability to work independently with a sense of urgency;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Diplomacy and relationship building ability.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills critical.
CSM Corporation - 23 months ago