Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you like being a part of a high energy team that likes helping others? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that’s just the beginning.
As Director, Administrative Systems, you will be responsible for providing overall strategic direction and management to the administrative systems team as well as providing Ellucian Banner administrative systems support services to the institution. This responsibility includes all administrative computing systems and implementations.
There are 3 main concepts that articulate the responsibilities of a Site Director.
The Site Director has responsibility to collect, compile, and submit to CIO/Account Manager and practice managers the project status, issues, expectations, risks, and growth opportunities. Demonstrates ability to build relationships with the client and key stakeholders and become a trusted advisor.
As an experienced site leader, the Site Director must maintain awareness of the client’s needs and priorities.
Establishes and manages effective governance over all client project and enhancement work to drive quality delivery and lessons learned.
Manage at a high level both client and employee satisfaction.
Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Develops project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
Formulates and defines technical scope and objectives of project. Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks. Directs quality assurance testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience. 7 - 10 years of experience showing advancement, which includes management and/or leadership within IT Service Management and general industry experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Banner is extremely desirable in order to successfully lead the Administrative Systems team.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining Ellucian Banner products.
- Sound knowledge of Oracle.
- Supervisory experience.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to set and change priorities amongst multiple competing constituencies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Responsibilities for Work of Others: Must be able to manage and lead a team; size may vary based on assigned practice
- Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
- Extensive travel may be required from time to time.
- Experience with at least one functional Banner module, BDMS, and DegreeWork.
- Experience with PL/SQL, SQL, TOAD.
- Experience with Banner Self-Service products.
Ellucian. - 18 months ago
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed...