Kern Community College District
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Student Services, the Director, Admissions and Records and Financial Aid, is responsible for the administration of student admissions including registration, Banner Student coordinating, graduation and certifications, academic records, enrollment accounting and reporting in accordance with State and Federal codes and regulations and district policies and procedures and for planning, directing, and evaluating a comprehensive financial aid delivery system.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Provide managerial direction including planning, goal setting, implementation, coordination, evaluation and accountability for admissions, registration, records maintenance, and awarding of degrees and the administration of financial aid.
- Coordinate use of technology for web admissions, registration, grade reporting, student records, financial aid and other applications.
- Interpret, implement, and maintain compliance with federal, state, and college regulations governing admissions and records, student financial aid programs and veteran’s affairs.
- Coordinate campus-wide efforts to maximize the effectiveness of the Banner Student System and serve as liaison district wide.
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate the work performance of assigned personnel.
- Prepare, submit, and monitor the annual budget for admissions and records, financial aid and Veteran’s Affairs.
- Act as a liaison to the District to develop and implement district-wide standards of operation for admissions and records, financial aid and veteran’s affairs.
- Direct and monitor the college record keeping process concerning deadlines, student attendance, transcripts, grades, fee payment, grade changes, residency, veteran eligibility, and compliance with Federal FERPA requirements.
- Direct the evaluation and certification of student records for enrollment verification, transcripts, transfer credit, credit by examination, degree and certificate eligibility, and subpoenas.
- Develop, implement, and monitor office and District-wide policies and procedures for the processing of student applications, the awarding of student aid and the maintenance of student financial aid records in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Manage scholarship and student employment programs.
- Develop and conduct professional publicity and outreach activities, which inform schools, students, and the community of financial aid opportunities in an effort to meet diverse students’ financial aid needs.
- Process veterans’ entitlements and educational benefits, and reporting to state and federal agencies.
- Plan and coordinate research projects related to areas of responsibility, and prepare a variety of research related reports.
- Prepare and submit annual reports to agencies as required and respond to program reviews and audits.
- Coordinate operations with other college units.
- Participate in shared governance through service on planning and/or operations committees and task forces.
- Computer software applications and the ability to apply administrative technologies.
- Principles and practices of administration, supervision, and training.
- And commitment to the California Community College mission.
- State and federal guidelines and regulations for admissions, financial aid and veteran’s affairs.
- Communication skills appropriate to advising and collaborating with students, faculty, administration, and the community.
- Principles of supervision, training, and practices of office management.
- Computer operations/data processing systems.
- Accounting, budgeting, and fiscal reporting.
- Principles and techniques of interviewing.
Education and Experience
- Interpret laws, rules and regulations, and formulate clear procedures and handle complex and sensitive issues.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships, and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Handle sensitive and complex issues.
- Manage comprehensive financial aid funds.
- Prepare statistical reports.
- Apply legal and policy provisions to various problems consistently and correctly.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university AND demonstrated successful progressively responsible experience in student services programs.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Position Number: 00674
Posting Date: 12/12/2012
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Management
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $68,245.96 per year
Maximum Salary: $97,482.04 per year (Maximum entry level is $75,618.80
College/Site: Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
Salary Grade: H
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Thursday, January 3, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3277
BlacksinHigherEd.com - 21 months ago