As part of your application for employment, you will be asked to acknowledge your agreement of the following statements at the end of the application process:
1) Crown Media United States, LLC. and its subsidiary companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
2) I understand that Crown Media United States, LLC. will consider requests for accommodations of physical or mental disabilities at any time before or after employment begins. I understand that the company would appreciate as much advance notice as possible regarding request for accommodation, and that documentation of the need for accommodation might be required.
3) In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Crown Media United States, LLC. and its subsidiary companies will hire only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Prior to beginning employment, all new employees will be required to complete Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification.
4) In accordance with Crown Media United States, LLC. policy to maintain a drug free workplace, all applicants must submit to a test for drugs. Employment by Crown Media United States, LLC. is contingent upon successfully passing the urinalysis drug screen. I understand that any violation of the Alcohol and Drug Abuse policy during employment shall be grounds for termination of my employment.
5) I authorize the company to investigate any and all statements or information contained in this application, and I understand that any omissions, inaccuracies or false statements on this application shall be grounds to deny my application, or, I am already employed at the time the mis-statement is discovered, grounds for termination of my employment.
6) I authorize the company to conduct a background check, including but not limited to, a criminal report and I understand that any offer of employment that I may receive will be contingent on this background check being acceptable and within Crown Media United States, LLC. guidelines.
7) If I have asked that my current employer not be contacted, I understand that any offer of employment that I receive will be contingent on the company receiving an acceptable verification of the information on this application regarding my current employment.
8) I understand that if I am employed by the company, I will be an at-will employee, that I will be required to follow all rules and regulations of the company, and that my employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, or I can quit at any time. I acknowledge that no one at the company has promised that I would remain employed for any length of time, and I understand that no one other than an officer of the company is authorized to make such promises.
9) I understand that if I am employed by Crown Media United States, LLC. or its subsidiaries in a position where I will be driving a company vehicle on a regular basis, any offer of employment that I receive will be contingent on the company verifying that I have an acceptable driving record.
This position is accountable for increasing awareness and the perceived value of the network in the affiliate community and helping support and drive viewership, revenue and distribution goals. The Director, Affiliate Marketing collaborates with Distribution executives on developing and executing affiliate marketing materials, communications and programs including customized promotions, trade advertising, direct mail and email. The Director will creatively translate the business goals of the company into strong and unique programs and alternate revenue streams that will build Crown Media Family Networks (CMFN) name and identity in the marketplace, through strategic and effective product positioning, packaging and marketing communications.
- Direct and manage development and execution of customized promotions, affiliate trade advertising, direct mail, email programs and affiliate web site. Includes strategic planning, budgeting, purchasing, and post analysis.
- Must work with appropriate parties to ensure full effectiveness of spending and create a working partnership with internal departments and external vendors to maximize financial resources.
- In conjunction with Affiliate Sales and Research, develop strategic sales presentations and direct implementation.
- Direct and manage development of affiliate sales materials.
- Guide development of third party partnerships to maximize consumer reach and exposure for the networks.
- Collaborate and work effectively with Creative Services, Programming and Publicity to ensure that all affiliate materials and communications meet company goals and brand guidelines
- Work with the EVP of Marketing & Creative Services on creating yearly marketing plan and corresponding budgets.
- Support key new programming initiatives for Holiday, Original Series, Original Movies and Lifestyle programming blocks.
- Develop strategic plan for NCTA. Manage all aspects of the show including selection of booth vendor, management and oversight of booth construction, materials, messaging, on-site events, etc. Work as part of a cross-functional team to maximize exposure and success.
Relocation not available for this position
- 7 years of affiliate marketing experience at an entertainment company;
- Prior cable experience preferred; digital experience ideal; media planning experience ideal.
- Undergraduate degree from a four-year college or university; preferably in Communication, Business Administration or Marketing.
- Prior supervisory or project leader experience