Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. Virgin America incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that’s reinventing domestic flying through award-winning service and innovative amenities.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Virgin America’s Guest Services is a team of energetic, focused, and flexible people who have fun at what they do. Our role is to provide our guests with personalized service dedicated to ensuring that the entire travel experience is enjoyable and hassle free.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Director, Airports and Guest Services will be responsible for overseeing all airport operations for West Region excluding SFO and LAX. In addition this position will include serving as the ranking company representative for Virgin America in the West for all local operational concerns. This individual will also lead and oversee Station Managers whom are responsible for all phases of station operations including leading and developing an effective team, training, budgeting, reporting, managing daily operations and maintaining the highest level of guest service.
Main Areas of Responsibility
The Director of Airports and Guest Services will report directly to the Vice President of Airports and Guest Services and oversee West operations and Station Managers excluding SFO and LAX.
Additionally, this individual will be responsible for the following:
Professional Experience Required
- Oversee activities such as the station opening, setting and consistently achieving and exceeding goals and objectives, creating culture of continual learning, employee growth, innovation and improvement
- Providing direction, leadership, motivation, and maintaining a focus on cost control
- Be a contact for interacting with airport and local government authorities
- Promote and seek to constantly improve the efficiency and consistency of airport operations and guest service
- Complete all other tasks as assigned by the VP of Airports and Guest Services and other senior leadership
Skills & Abilities Required
- Extensive experience in leading teams located in numerous locations
- Extensive background in Airport Operations strongly preferred
- Experience in managing service providers and procurement processes
- Experience in recruiting staff and using performance management tools to achieve high results and growth
- Experience in building a highly skilled and highly organized leadership team
- Ability to motivate, mentor, lead, coach, and develop staff is absolutely critical
- Natural feel for and passion towards exceptional service
- Ability to gauge impact of expenditures on guest satisfaction
- Keen understanding of and fit with the Virgin brand and culture
- Strong communication skills and ability to multitask
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook
Travel will be required.
Professional Certifications and Education Required
College degree preferred.
Virgin America - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...