Under the direction of the Santa Clara Valley Medical Center-Chief Executive Officer (CEO), leads, plans, administers and coordinates Ambulatory and Community Health services of the Health and Hospital System, assisting the CEO in proposing policies, plans and strategies for submission to the Executive Director of the Health and Hospital System.
Application Filing Instructions
This recruitment requires the submission of an online application. No paper applications will be accepted. Applicants must apply online at www.sccjobs.org. Computers are available at the County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street, 8th Floor, East Wing, San Jose, CA 95110, during normal business hours, for applicants to apply online.
Questions regarding this Executive recruitment may be directed to Patricia Carrillo, Executive Services at (408) 299-5897.
Completion of the Supplemental Questionnaire and a Resume is required. Applications submitted without the Supplemental Questions and Resume will be rejected.
This recruitment is scheduled to close on Friday March 1, 2013
. The filing period may be extended further or close as early as 10 days from issue date if necessary.
- Direct hospital-based and community-based Ambulatory Services including Outpatient and Urgent Care Departments and Professional Services, including Primary Care Medicine and Medical Specialties, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Pediatrics;
- Manage the planning and implementation of Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System ambulatory care programs, including patient-centered medical home network, integration across the continuum of care, and specific measurable objectives to improve patient engagement and service;
- Plan, manage and implement ambulatory care programs with Health & Hospital System divisions of managed care, strategic planning and information systems;
- Lead and administer the planning and development of a community-wide delivery system that delivers high quality and cost-effective care;
- Provide and participate in partnerships with other county health care providers to expand primary care capacity and managed care collaborative strategies;
- Develop and manage operations and budgets of the Health and Hospital System affecting the ambulatory, community health and professional services;
- Provide administrative support, guidance and direction to the ambulatory service managers or supervisors and other subordinate personnel;
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures to meet needs of the Santa Clara Valley Medical Center and Health and Hospital system;
- Evaluate all department managers or supervisors under direct jurisdiction;
- Serves non various committees of the health and hospital system;
- May assume Disaster Service Worker duties, as required; and
- Assumes other related responsibilities as assigned.
Training, education and experience sufficient to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge and abilities:
Note: The knowledge and abilities required to perform this function are normally acquired by attainment of a Master's degree in Hospital Administration, Health Care Administration, or Business administration or a related field and five years of administrative experience in a teaching hospital, or health and hospital system preferably in Ambulatory Services Administration.
- The principles of Health and Hospital System organization and administration including the principles of ambulatory service planning, organization, and delivery;
- Regulations and laws common to the operation of hospitals and health systems in California, particularly those pertaining to ambulatory service reimbursement;
- Principles of public health program management;
- Principles of budget preparation and administration; and
- Cost control methods applicable to Health and Hospital System operations.
- Lead and manage ambulatory, community health and professional services operations in a large public health and hospital system, building, advising and providing administrative support to subordinates;
- Identify problems and formulate constructive policies and procedures in response to same;
- Learn and apply the Health and Hospital System's policies, regulations and administrative procedures;
- Keep abreast of current concepts in ambulatory and community health services and hospital administration;
- Work effectively with diverse client and community populations in planning and overseeing the delivery of ambulatory and community health services; and
- Work effectively as a member of a management team in a large public health and hospital system.
County of Santa Clara - 17 months ago