About This Position
This position is an integral member of the Physician Integration and Care Management multi-disciplinary teams. The goal of these teams are to improve quality, service, process efficiency, clinical efficiency and cost by providing opportunity identification, data sources, data collection, data analysis, work flow analysis, benchmark determination, process improvement design, training, coordination, measurement of outcomes, written and graphic reports and data presentation to Dignity Health facilities. This individual will be expected to develop, implement and lead improvement projects supporting improved care delivery based on evidence based practices and identified best practices. This individual will also be involved in all aspects of data collection, analysis and reporting with an emphasis on ambulatory services and will serve as a resource and as a consultant to individual ambulatory sites to initiate, coordinate and provide expertise in analytic projects. S/he will be expected to assist in the development of an Ambulatory Services Quality Report Card or equivalent tool for capturing both system level and market specific initiatives and metrics. This report card will contain selected measures in clinical quality, utilization, patient satisfaction, and patient safety. This position is also responsible for reflecting and promoting the mission and philosophy of Dignity Health.
The Director of Ambulatory Services Quality is full time, benefited position. The successful applicant will be responsible for serving as a consultant and expert resource to all Dignity Health ambulatory facilities. This position is responsible for carrying out the development, data analysis, verification and dissemination of ambulatory services performance indicators in collaboration with our existing employed and clinically integrated groups. The Director of Ambulatory Services Quality is also responsible for improvements in quality outcomes and patient experience as well as a reduction in harm across Dignity Health ambulatory facilities.
POSITION REPORTS TO
Vice President, Quality and matrix to Vice President, Medical Director Physician Integration
CA - Pasadena, Sacramento & San Francisco; AZ - Phoenix
- Accountable for the ongoing development and improvement of Dignity Health ambulatory practice quality of care.
- Leads implementation of quality and safety components of Dignity Health’s strategic plan and oversees these initiatives to achieve optimal performance in quality, safety and patient experience
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Physician Integration and the Vice President of Quality will design, implement and sustain innovative and best practices across the ambulatory care settings
- Assists with the design, compilation of comparative ambulatory services indicators, including the develop of indicator definitions, identification of appropriate internal/ external data sources, development of MIDAS+ focus studies, and assembly and verification of the data to support the Ambulatory Services Reporting Initiative
- Ensures that data required to support the quality, safety and patient experience in the ambulatory setting are available within and extractable from clinical IT applications and can be analyzed to support system wide goals
- Assists in setting benchmarks and standards for the Ambulatory Services Reporting Initiative based on actual data and healthcare regulations and requirements.
- Analyzes outcomes data to identify areas for improvement related to the Ambulatory Services outputs and outcomes
- Participates in the continuing improvement of data quality by identifying, documenting and communicating data quality issues to the relevant database program areas
- May assist with other projects, special studies, ad hoc reports, data for presentations, etc., as required
- Participates on Dignity Health committees and project teams as required
- Assumes responsibility for other related duties as assigned
- Provides technical support and maintenance at the facility level database and reporting tools
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in health care administration, biostatistics, statistics or a related field
- Three to five years experience in the health care environment, preferably in the ambulatory services environment, is needed along with system analysis
- Two to three experience in quality management and performance improvement
- Knowledge and expertise in CMS meaningful use clinical quality measures, P$P/Cal IHA measures, HEDIS, NQF, PQRS, ACO and Clinical Integration metrics, PCMH and Medical Neighborhood
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with customers, peers and management and the ability to present reports orally or in written form in a clear and effective manner, expertly fielding questions that arise
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, activities and priorities
- Proficient with MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook, including a strong understanding of Excel Pivot Tables in Excel 2007 or greater
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access is highly desirable
- Strong statistical background and ability to interpret data in a logical and organized manner
- Experience in the manipulation of large cross-sectional and longitudinal data sets
- Expert ability to use multiple systems to extract data and/or information
- Ability to comfortably work with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) cubes; knowledge of Multi Dimensional Expressions (MDX) query language is recommended
- Ability to develop, deploy and manage SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Reports
- (Optional) Understanding of SQL Server relational databases and the SQL query language
- (Optional) Functional experience with Excel Power Pivot and Excel Services
- (Optional) Ability to develop in Microsoft Performance Point for SharePoint
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
About Dignity Health
Dignity Health, headquartered in San Francisco, Calif., provides integrated, patient and family centered care. It is the fifth largest health system in the country with 10,000 physicians and 55,000 employees across Arizona, California, and Nevada. Through its network of more than 150 ancillary care sites and 40 acute care hospitals, Dignity Health is committed to delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health care services with special attention to the poor and underserved. In 2011, Dignity Health provided $1.4 billion in charity care, community benefit and unreimbursed patient care. For more information, please visit our website at
. Dignity Health is also on Facebook and Twitter.
California-Southern California Service Area-Pasadena
Corporate Office - SF
185 Berry St Suite 300
Hours Per Pay Period
Number of Openings
Area of Interest
Quality / Performance Improvement
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...