Who we are:
Merkle, Inc. is the nation’s largest and fastest growing, privately held, customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency with a team of over 1,400 exceptionally talented people working throughout the United States, China and the UK. This is a place where exceptionally talented people want to be -- a place where they can harness their skills, build enduring relationships, and do remarkable things they otherwise wouldn’t.
Merkle is also a place where clients want to do business. For more than 20 years, many of the world’s top brands, financial institutions and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Our clients include Dell, DirecTV, Microsoft, Nike, Samsung, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, and the American Cancer Society, to name just a few.
We’ve created an ecosystem where talented people can be comfortable and thrive. We wear jeans. We bring our dogs to work. We let off steam with some pool or foosball. We have fun. But we also work hard. We execute. We innovate. We achieve. We take care of our clients, and each other.
A company filled with this level of talent and passion is going to get noticed. And we are proud of the recognition we’ve received. We’ve been recognized by Forrester Research as a “Leader in Database Marketing” 3 consecutive times, and among Advertising Age’s “Ten Agencies to Watch in 2012”
. We’ve been named a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore Magazine in 2009, 2010 and 2011, and our CEO, David Williams, was named “CEO of the Year” by SmartCEO magazine.
So if you’re smart, passionate, fun, and committed, consider joining Merkle, where you’ll fit right in.
What we need:
At Merkle we believe that finding and keeping A-talent is as important as landing a million-dollar account. We don’t just “fill seats” -- we work hard to find the right people. That’s one of the reasons we’ve been so successful, and why we’ve been growing more than 20% every year. To keep up with that growth, we need to bring on an experienced Director to exceed client expectations in the overall CRM process for our retail client through consultative and analytic methods.
Our three main objectives and deliverables for this Director position are as follows:
Build and maintain key client relationships
Drive incremental CRM activities with our retail client
Identify opportunities to leverage Merkle capabilities and services
This Director will conduct quantitative analysis for clients in support of the development of effective marketing programs. This role will be responsible for managing projects, timelines and deliverables as well as mentoring junior analysts, contributing to their technical and career development. The primary mission will be to standardize processes in order to maximize efficiency, increase the speed of deliverables, and decrease errors.
Day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Manages project tasks, timelines and deliverables
- Conducts advanced quantitative analyses of the marketing effectiveness of clients; and builds sophisticated statistical models to segment customer population, to enhance upgrading and deepen retention strategies, and to lift profitability by improving customer channel behavior through marketing drivers.
- Develops, writes, and presents strategic recommendations and projects that directly address clients' toughest questions. Participates in brainstorming sessions that identify new marketing opportunities for clients.
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains analytical software programs to support analytical reports and tools. Assists in developing internal systems that consistently provide all clients with standard reporting and analysis.
- Extracts and processes large quantities of data from data warehouses and other data marts in support of assignments. Applies data mining and analyzes marketing and demographic data. Tracks and evaluates customer acquisition efforts, market trends and customer behavior.
- Works across the business units to leverage leading edge technology and meets client and client team requests on time and with accuracy.
- Organizes and maintains research information.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technological advancements by staying informed of advancements in the industry and developing vendor relationships to maintain competitive edge in the marketplace.
- 6+ years experience in quantitative marketing arena
- Agency or consulting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of delivering marketing analytics
- Demonstrated ability to scale/grow a team to support multiple accounts and projects at an acceptable margin
- At least 4 years creating analytic roadmaps, recommending initiatives, engaging senior level analytic & marketing clients to provide business outcomes & value through data driven solutions
- Excellent communication (English) skills.
Merkle Inc. - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard