Plan and manage the effective delivery, effectiveness and compliance of all benefit (retirement, welfare and equity)
Under the general guidance of the Director of Human Resources.
Benefits Administrator, Benefit & Equity Analyst
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage the delivery, communication, and compliance of retirement benefit programs, includes maintain records of
enrollments, change in benefits; review proposed plan amendments and other regulatory-required forms and provide
related recommendations to supervisor, counsel and actuary; prepare financial statements for auditors; independently
review and approve distributions from pension and 401k accounts; ensure financial hardship documentation is
complete before authorizing distributions.
2. Oversee the delivery, communication and compliance of welfare benefit programs through the effective supervision of
the Benefit Administrator, includes actively managing the renewal process for all welfare benefits.
3. Oversee the quarterly purchases of the ESPP, including providing back up support for processing as needed.
4. Prepare audit documents and coordinate the scheduling of external audits; serve as primary contact for auditor
questions, documentation and information; prepare and balance financial statements annually for the 401k and ESPP.
5. Serve as Chair of the Pension & 401k Administrative Committee, includes coordinate, attend and participate in all
meetings, record and distribute accurate minutes, follow up on action items from meetings.
6. Plan and conduct benefit orientation and education programs, including the method and means by which orientations
and education are conducted.
7. Plan and coordinate the distribution of quarterly 401k statements; plan, prepare and distribute annual total benefit
8. Provide customer service to all employees and retirees on matters related to retirement benefits, discuss complicated
issues with supervisor, counsel or actuary;
Position Requirements :
Education - Bachelors degree in human resources, business, accounting or related field.
Experience - Over three (3) through five (5) years of benefits management experience.
Preferred Requirements :
Prior supervisory experience.
CBP or CEBS designation.
First Merchants Bank
- 3 years ago - save job
First Merchants Corporation is a financial holding company. Through its bank subsidiaries, the Company offers a range of financial services,...