Beyond Traditional Borders (BTB) is an innovative educational program that trains undergraduate students from all disciplines to use engineering design to develop and implement appropriate health technologies for resource-poor settings. BTB is the undergraduate educational arm of Rice 360: Institute for Global Health Technologies.
The Director of the BTB initiative is responsible for coordination of BTB curriculum development, educational outreach efforts, design challenge collaborations, and partnerships within the Texas Medical Center (TMC) and abroad. The director is also responsible for assisting the Principal Investigator (PI) in oversight of BTB educational programs, creating new materials for pre-college/college students and educators in appropriate global health technologies, and supervision of junior program staff.
Physics, chemistry, engineering, life sciences, a health related field or another related science degree.
Experience may not be substituted for the education.
Related experience (academic and/or programmatic work experience).
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise reports and to present technical information in a clear and meaningful way to a variety of audiences.
- Strong organizational and program management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leadership style that is collaborative and supports team building.
- Ability to plan and supervise work of junior staff.
Rice University - 11 months ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...