Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
The Brand and Advertising team is a part of the larger Corporate Affairs organization. Brand and Advertising’s mission is to develop and implement the brand strategy for the enterprise and execute advertising campaigns to synch to that brand.
Corporate Affairs includes Federal Affairs, Community Relations, State and Local Government Relations and Corporate Relations, of which Brand and Advertising is a member as along with Internal, External and Executive Communications.
This position will guide PG&E’s brand strategy, while also creating advertising campaigns across various media platforms to enhance the company’s brand and reputation in the marketplace, including identifying key issues and opportunities to create visibility for PG&E’s brand.
The Director position requires exceptional leadership and operational management skills. The leader of the team must possess deep and current expertise in branding and advertising in order to design and oversee PG&E’s advertising and brand governance model, and leverage available analytics (in conjunction with marketing planning) to maximize marketing ROI for PG&E. In terms of operational management skills, the Director must effectively serve as a hands-on manager for PG&E’s brand advertising campaigns and serve as a key decision-maker in selecting and managing the Agency of Record. The Director will be held to the operational execution of brand and advertising campaigns. This will require the ability to effectively interface with the brand and advertising clients, develop robust service level agreements (SLAs) and manage the department accordingly. He or she will lead a team of internal and external resources responsible for timely and accurate production of high quality marketing and advertising deliverables, and oversee all aspects of the group’s relationships with its branding and advertising agencies and suppliers.
- Must have 10+ years of strategic brand communications, including leadership experience in both paid media and corporate environments and consulting/working with senior leaders.
- Demonstrated track record of branding, print, broadcast, on-line and social media campaigns
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, advertising or public relations
o Exposure to broad, internal business integration
- Masters’ degree in this field is highly desired
- Previous experience guiding large agencies and a corporate advertising team
- An understanding of diverse, multicultural marketing and advertising
- Experience in buying media
- Experience with internal branding
- Proven success as a corporate spokesperson with ability to build and maintain Company’s brand image and credibility
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Advertising and brand management
- On-line and website marketing
- Specialized campaigns measurement
- Budget management experience
- CRM and marketing
o Provide timely and comprehensive analysis of all programs related to area of responsibility
- Responsible for developing and executing the company's brand and advertising strategy
- Responsible for on-going analysis supporting the company's brand and provide continuous analysis of both external and internal data sources for emerging consumer segments/trends
- Provide support on external and internal communications as necessary in response to crises, including responses to major operational challenges as they relate to the company's brand
- Develop, communicate and deploy a media plan, using a wide range of mainstream and specialized advertising campaign strategies to maximize brand building
- Drive the media buying and delivery, as well as measurement of the brand reach and effectiveness using analytics to demonstrate ROI and to measure the success of a campaign
- Provide departmental reporting and presentations at senior executive meetings
- Remain abreast of company priorities and key market and regulatory trends to ensure optimal effectiveness of initiatives
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement agenda across all initiatives
- Provide strategic leadership on special projects
- Manage expectations and provide regular performance updates to PG&E leadership and internal stakeholders
- Guide professional development of staff
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 21 months ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...