Developing and executing brand strategies and advertising campaigns for CGI. Incorporate campaign objectives, past sales results, relevant customer data, analysis of competitive marketing tactics and creative thinking to drive sales.
- Branding Oversight – Responsible for leading the company’s branding initiatives including brand identification, logo creation, brand standards, marketing and advertising assets and toolkits, B2B marketing materials and digital and video production
- Media Planning & Negotiations – Develop and plan the national and local advertising schedules for all event series and oversee the fulfillment and delivery of all ad materials
- Strategic Partnerships - Identify and cultivate key industry partnerships at a national and regional level
- Digital/Direct Marketing – Work closely with retained digital marketing agency and collaborate on strategies for SEM, SEO, re-targeting and social media marketing. Lead the internal email marketing team and maintain the company’s master email communications calendar
- International Marketing – Serve as a liaison to the London office to consult on collateral and advertising creation and overall local marketing plan development and execution
- Department Management – Manage a team of 3 marketing brand managers, 5 in-house designers, the media marketing team and email marketing department
- Agency Management – Helped negotiate contracts and serve as the contact for company’s creative and digital agencies
- Budgeting and P&L – Manage the marketing department’s overhead budget, including monthly forecasts
- Perform other job duties as assign
Education, Experience and Certifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing with an emphasis in international marketing.
- Additional degree or certifications in advertising, journalism, and graphic design is a plus.
- 7-10 years direct experience in brand strategy and advertising.
- Must have great analytical and creative abilities
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
- Ability to plan set and meet deadlines.
- Self Driven with the desire to exceed expectations.
- Excellent Public speaking abilities.
- Excellent Negotiation skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a directed team effort.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Attention to and respect for confidentiality.
- Detail oriented.
- Enthusiasm for endurance sports and the active lifestyle.
Incumbent must be able to:
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Work at a desk for long periods of time.
- Work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Travel between 30-35% of the time for work.
- Work weekends and extended hours as needed.
Incumbent must be able to:
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
- Proficient using a Mac or PC
- Office Equipment (Fax, Copier, Printers)
Our company offers competitive salary and employee benefits package including 401(k) matching.
- Stand for several hours at a time for Competitor Group, Inc. sponsored events and functions.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 30lbs as needed.
If interested and qualified, please apply and attach your resume and cover letter with salary history and requirements.
About Competitor Group
Headquartered in San Diego, Competitor Group, Inc. (CGI) is the leading global media and event entertainment company dedicated to promoting the active lifestyle.
CGI owns and operates events around the world, including the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series, LandRover TriROCK Triathlon Series, Columbia Muddy Buddy Series and the newly acquired Lady Speed Stick Women’s Half Marathon Series, Toyota SheROX Triathlon Series and Nation’s Triathlon. CGI publishes Velo, Inside Triathlon, Triathlete and Competitor magazines, and has recently added Women’s Running to its collection of best-in-class print titles.
CGI hosts a captive active lifestyle community across its digital properties – Competitor.com, Triathlete.com and VeloNews.com – and delivers one of the leading event registration platforms with Raceit.com.
Competitor Group, Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job