The Business Development Director (BDD) is an important member of the marketing and business development team devoted to generating qualified opportunities in assigned Practice Lines / Services / Markets . The BDD is responsible for positioning the assigned segment to the healthcare marketplace and developing qualified opportunities from prospects or continuing clients that have the highest potential to generate new business.
- Manage the sales process – identify and qualify opportunities for presentation to senior management.
- Convert opportunities to active projects through collaborative interaction and teamwork with Regional and District Directors, Market Segment Leaders, Principals-in-Charge, Marketing Mangers / Proposal Coordinators and other functional areas of B+P.
- Work with marketing in developing plans that can be effectively executed in the field.
- Work with segment and expertise leaders to develop sales targets for new and existing businesses.
- Sell both global and local solutions to customers in our targeted industries and geographies.
- Understand and articulate B+P’s value proposition for diverse customer requirements and markets.
- Develop a “solutions” oriented sales approach specific to customer market and requirements.
- Understand and communicate B+P’s multiple services and capabilities.
- Manage relationships with customers and prospects that result in new revenue growth and a positive, healthy customer relationship for B+P.
- Support responses to RFQs and RFPs.
- Produce customer and site presentations with the ability to present detailed A/E/C solutions to customers and prospects.
- Participate in continuing education to remain aware of activities and developments in the A/E/C and target market segments assigned.
- Develop and manage a detailed business plan and budgets, with accounts identified and prioritized, on how new business will be secured, while managing the B+P budget.
- Conduct market research on assigned segments to identify qualified prospects and determine needs.
- Seek and establish networking contacts / relationships with other architectural, engineering, construction and interior firms for development of potential partnerships.
- Maintain and report complete, accurate and timely records of all individual activities via Vision (CRM) database.
- Work with Marketing Managers / Proposal Coordinators in developing responses to RFQs and RFPs.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Regional and District Directors, Market Segment Leaders, Principals-in-Charge, Marketing Mangers / Proposal Coordinators and other BDDs on leads, sales strategies, communications and opportunities.
- College degree required, preferably in business with a focus on sales and marketing.
- Prior sales success including a minimum five-year, proven track record in A/E/C-related or solutions-based sales.
- Proven track record of developing effective proposals and strategies that win business.
- Solid network of contacts and customers that can be leveraged to B+P’s benefit.
- Business awareness and acumen to develop clients in a variety of market sectors.
- Proven track record of working effectively with organizations having complex matrix structures and diverse workforces. Ability to work with multiple contacts at multiple levels rather than relying upon a single champion.
- A professional attitude and approach with personal charisma.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally, as business requires.
- Empathetic – understands B+P’s values and well suited to be a member of the AECOM corporate family.
- Working knowledge of A/E/C concepts.
- A high energy, outgoing and self-motivated individual.
- Articulate in both written and oral communications.
- Excellent new business skills in closing high-budget, solutions-based opportunities.
- Ability to understand the importance of effective teamwork.
- Leadership and communication skills to drive a multifunctional team through a consultative selling process.
- Ability to gain access and effectively interact at high levels within client organizations.
- Ability to understand B+Ps capabilities very quickly in order to identify and capitalize on client needs as well as provide feedback on client and market demands.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AECOM - 2 years ago
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...