Promote and sell Eurofins Panlabs Inc. and expand our client base in Northeastern United States while fostering strong client relationships. Act as a liason between internal and external clients of Eurofins Panlabs.
The successful candidate for this position will manage a defined geographic sales territory (Northeastern United States ). In this role the BD is expected to work as part of an extended sales and operations team to achieve business goals. A major responsibility in this role will include prospecting for new clients in the territory and meeting with existing clients to maintain and build business relationships. Additionally, the BD will assist in marketing efforts as well as competitor intelligence, both aimed for successful business growth.
Identify and close new business opportunities sufficient to achieve individual new business objectives. Utilizing Sales Force.com (SFDC) the Business Development Director (BD) must develop business plans, implement division strategies and monitor their territory success. SFDC will be the tool that the BD uses to share key insights with Panlabs.
Use product and service knowledge with Consultative Selling to identify and solve client problems/needs.
Serve as the individual responsible for the Northeast United States Pharmacology/DMPK – Client relationship
Provide market and competitor information to better define industry/market trends for the Northeast United States Pharmacology/DMPK business.
Coordinate Business Director/Technical Director activities required to close additional new business for the Northeast United States .
Report on performance metrics to identify best business practices.
Limited travel within the geographical territory (Northeast United States) to meet with clients or assist in marketing efforts (trade shows).
- Bachelor's degree in a life science or equivalent experience in a related field
- 5-7 years medical/pharmaceutical/CRO sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to represent Panlabs professionally at all times
- Proven ability to manage time and prioritize activity
- Proficient at “Consultative Selling”
- Ability to lead “Team Selling” groups
- Clear knowledge of market segments (Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Generic and Device) in Northeastern United States
- Ability to participate in preparation of the Sales and Marketing plan. Plan will include detailed sales strategy for selected accounts in Northeastern United States .
- Ability to sell integrated, multi-business unit services creating maximum value for our clients in Northeastern United States.
- Must be proficient at utilizing a CRM system to share client information.