Successful candidate will be responsible for driving all plans and activity encompassing the business development life-cycle and leading to increased revenue, growth and profit for the business. These actions and plans include driving the business development process; identification and qualification of bid opportunities, the creation and execution of marketing and capture plans, performing market assessments, conducting competitive analysis as a prime and subcontractor, project management, building and sustaining industry networks, the creation and honing of collaborative relationships with industry peers and potential clients, and strengthening the brand. Selected candidate will be able to work from one of our Northern Virginia offices or remotely.
- Identify, create, recommend and advocate overall strategy to win new AE (Architectural & Engineering) contracts and related service contracts in the Federal Market, with particular emphasis on the non-Department of Defense (DoD) market space. Develop and lead the execution of IDIQ (Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity) Contracts, Design Build Opportunities supporting General Contractors, and other contract platforms,and develop sales plans for targeted accounts or bids.
- Identify and propose strategic teaming arrangements (Prime and Sub) and actions to include joint ventures, small business partnerships and acquisitions.
- Develop and launch plans to conduct market research and competitive analysis. Create and launch plans to strength the brand, and bolster our industry and stakeholder network. Guide and influence efficient and effective market planning and communications.
- Lead the engagement, integration and collaboration of the functional and business leaders to ensure inputs, priorities and actions are aligned and supportive of the proposal development process.
- Support and champion pursuits in existing DoD market space.
- Full knowledge and understanding of federal, state and regional acquisition processes and regulations, federal appropriation process, DoD and non DoD construction programs and processes, and the agencies responsible for execution of programs.
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional communication skills (oral and written).
- Business acumen, action oriented, decision quality, strategic and organizational agility, customer focus
- MS Office Suite and/or similar software tools, Deltek
- Detailed knowledge and skill researching and utilizing public databases such as FPDS, ProjNet, and others
- Presentation Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, Architecture and/or combination of related work experience.
- 10-12 years business development, marketing or project management experience in the AE or Construction Industry. Management/supervisory experience also required.
- Licensed Engineer or Architect preferred.