Come sell a truly unique, highly differentiated, disruptive marketing research product with Fortune 1000 customer validation.
Motista’s customers buy subscriptions to intelligence on their brands and competitors, as well as premium reports and support services. Motista calls upon Fortune 1000 marketing and consumer insights leaders (e.g., CMOs, VPs of Brand, Marketing and Consumer Insights). Average initial sale is $90,000 per year.
The Director of Business Development is an aggressive “hunter” who targets, builds relationships with and closes Fortune 1000 marketing organizations as customers. A successful candidate is passionate about consumer insights and strategic marketing and a skilled sales executor, capable of generating leads and working opportunities full cycle to close.
- Close new business with Fortune 1000 senior marketing and consumer insights executives
- Generate new leads through cold solicitations
- Qualify prospects and focus Motista’s resources on high-value targets
- Lead a consultative sales process that aligns Motista’s emotional intelligence with strategic marketing challenges (e.g., strategy, brand positioning, brand architecture, messaging, campaign execution, etc.)
- Accelerate sales cycles by aggressively and creatively engaging prospective clients
- Understand how marketers buy and use consumer insights (e.g., the kinds of insights they consume and why)
- Very comfortable and credible closing the laptop and talking substantively with marketers about their problems and how Motista’s intelligence can help
Compensation includes competitive base salary, commissions, and stock option. Motista offers top-shelf health benefits. This position requires travel. Candidates in the Bay Area (preferable) and New York City will be considered.
- Demonstrable track record as a successful sales hunter – generating leads, closing business and exceeding quota
- Must be generally knowledgeable and able to comfortably talk about “brand,” strategic marketing and consumer insights
- Consultative sales experience to Fortune 1000 marketers mandatory
- Having sold a productized consumer insights offering or related software system (e.g., VOC)
- 7+ years of direct sales experience
- Outstanding communications, listening and interpersonal skills
Apply to this position at: email@example.com .