OMD (http://www.omd.com) is one of the largest and most innovative media communications specialists in the world, with more than 140 offices in 80 countries. Named Most Creative Agency in the World by The Gunn Report for Media for five consecutive years, OMD also had the distinction of being named 2009 Global Media Agency of the Year by Adweek and 2011 Media Agency of the year by Advertising Age. The agency network is a unit of Omnicom Media Group Inc.
Our Business Intelligence (BI) Team is comprised of experts in multiple disciplines to answer a wide-ranging field of problems to solve. OMD’s multi-million dollar investment in tools and research allows us to access and analyze most syndicated and proprietary data within the industry. OMD tools offer guidance throughout each facet of the targeting, planning and buying process. Our thinking and techniques (i.e. Prospector) enable highly adaptive innovations in how we look at and handle business for our clients.
We currently have a position available for a Director, Business Intelligence to work out of our New York office.
This role will report to the US Director, Business Intelligence and focus on leveraging OMD and client resources to enhance and support strategic planning and buying decisions and identifying opportunities to use fact-based tools to guide media strategy. The Director will also be responsible for providing analytical support to media specialists assigned to client's business and working with client teams, clients, and other OMG disciplines with minimal guidance from senior team members.
Additional responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Align with client's consumer research and analytics groups to leverage their data and insights for communications planning implementation
• Consult on the use of qualitative and quantitative research sources/tools and assist in analyzing and developing implications to address client's business needs
• Introduce custom analytics to provide creative solutions when appropriate
• Identify fact-based solution strategies for key business issues raised by clients and insure that all import issues are fully and appropriately addressed
• Increase the application and proficiency of OMD proprietary models and tools across account teams
• Contribute to development of OMG proprietary tools and resources.
• Engage OMD's specialist units to address client business issues when appropriate
• Serve as liaison between OMD research experts and media specialists assigned to client's business
• Serve as liaison between outside vendors of research and media specialists
• Develop solutions for targeting and segmentation projects by applying multi-variate analysis using factor, regression, logic, correspondence and cluster
• Integrate client's segmentation with OMD's syndicated resources to enhance strategic targeting and align with the business goals
• Identify training needs for off-the-shelf tools and systems
• Help account teams position tools and models with clients to gain acceptance and utilization
• Increase the adoption, proficiency and application of proprietary models and tools
• Develop the specific measurement plan and sell into the client
• Lead the process to get clients to embrace measurement and effectiveness through the use of data and analytics
• Transfer measurement from the end of the comms planning process to the beginning
• Develop and disseminate expert POVs and interpretation of OMD proprietary research studies
• Bachelors or advanced degree required
• 8+ years of experience at a media agency or marketing analytics firm
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Proficiency in analytical software - SPSS, SAS, etc.
• Knowledge and experience with syndicated research sources/tools: Gfk, MRI, Simmons, Scarborough, IMS, Nielsen, comScore
• Modeling or Analytic expertise
• High attention to details
• Aptitude to prioritize multiple tasks effectively, manage stress and solve problems with hard work and a dedication to ensure their completion and relentless pursuit of excellence
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent strategic thinking and analytical skills
While it might not be omnipotent, Omnicom Group can create advertising that is omnipresent. The company ranks as the world's #1...