Job Title: Director of the Center for Community Engagement
Location: Worcester, MA
Job Description: Oversee development and ongoing execution of the Telegram & Gazette’s Center for Community Engagement that uses digital tools and relationships to deepen our interaction with community organizations, businesses and readers. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative visionary with substantial knowledge of and the ability to use and teach others to use digital tools that enhance reader engagement and user experience. This thought leader will stay ahead of cutting edge technology, be an expert in Social Media and should have a minimum of 5-8 years experience in Marketing Management. Candidates who have demonstrated leadership, excellence, and the ability to thrive in demanding and relatively unstructured environments are highly encouraged to apply. This position reports to the Publisher of The Worcester Telegram and Gazette|Telegram.com.
- Shape and direct the evolving vision of the Center for Community Engagement
- Recommend new technology to increase traffic and engagement with the Telegram &Gazette’s digital platforms and generate new forms of revenue
- Expand the demographic of existing advertising and reader populations
- Provide knowledge for advertising customers to drive loyalty and expand platforms
- Interact with diverse community population including college presidents, students and community leaders and business executives
- Manage community, business and advisory board relationships
- Direct multiple projects supporting the center
- Communicate ideas, objectives and results to team members and to internal clients, as appropriate
- Foster development of community contributors and journalism students
- Proven successes in Marketing including Social Media and Event Marketing
- Passion for technology and multimedia, ranging from print to game technology
- Ability to act deeply with diverse base of readers and customers
- Deep understanding of journalism and the news industry including competitive and technological challenges
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, matrix environment
- Decisive risk taker with exceptional people skills
Business Information: The Worcester Telegram and Gazette|Telegram.com, values the contribution of all its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), and more.
Worcester Telegram and Gazette|Telegram.com is part of The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
At The Worcester Telegram and Gazette|Telegram.com we embrace diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New York Times Company - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard