As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for more than 50 years. With over 40 programs, we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 26,200 people annually.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director to join our team of talented professionals within our Center for Excellence.
As the Center for Excellence Director, you will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Develop protocols and systems of conducting research within The Guidance Center to support university professors and students who conduct research at the Guidance Center and manage the TGC intern program.
- Develop, implement and supervise the establishment of a system to support internal program evaluations including coordinating and providing leadership in the development of a coordinated data sharing platform.
- Serve as a member of the Administrative Team (senior leadership) in developing new program and internal organizational methods that support and sustain growth of the agency.
- Manage the development of logic models and implementation plans for new programs and expansion of existing programming including providing leadership in the development of sustainable funding.
- Support individual programs and Departments in identifying and implementing evidence based services and integrating agency wide strategic planning elements into short and long term planning initiatives. Support the establishment of The Guidance Center as a learning organization.
- Develop strategic plan for moving The Guidance Center through the Center for Excellence into a leader in the Human Service and Public Welfare fields.
- Support the development of congruent, evaluation driven system of service delivery in Wayne County.
- Identify, develop and implement business opportunities within the Center for Excellence that can lead the Center to self-sufficiency and also provide general fund revenue for the Guidance Center.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
- Master’s degree in social work, public policy, or public management, Ph.D. preferred.
- At least five years experience conceptualizing, writing and carrying out program and policy development and evaluations and five years of experience in program administration and supervision required, and at least two years clinical experience in behavioral or mental health preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with Guidance Center administrative personnel to conceptualize policy and protocols for emerging programs and provide leadership and management of program development and expansion.
- Must have the ability to operationalize a research agenda for The Guidance Center and develop and supervise internal program evaluations including managing an internal evaluation team and external evaluators as required.
- Must be able to work with University researchers to develop and coordinate cooperative research opportunities; write up and achieve publication in scholarly journals and present at conferences.
- Must be able to serve as the liaison with University placement offices and provide oversight for the TGC intern program.
- Must be able to manage the development and implementation of staff training (New Employee Orientation and ongoing training related to program development), and identify and monitor implementation of Evidence Based Practice.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- A current valid driver’s license with no negative history is required.
The Guidance Center believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, 401(k), Life Insurance, a generous paid time off package, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more!
If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line by clicking the “apply” button on the bottom of the screen.
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Guidance Center - 13 months ago
The Guidance Center's mission is to enhance the development and well-being of children, adults, and families in need throughout the...