Director, Client Services
Tendo Communications, a San Francisco-based content marketing agency, seeks qualified Director, Client Services candidates to support, nurture and grow client engagements and relationships. The person in this position will work from our office in San Francisco.
Applicants must have account leadership skills in addition to knowledge of and/or experience managing content marketing programs. In addition, he/she must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and a professional, problem-solving attitude. The ideal candidate will be comfortable collaborating with others, leading a team, managing communication with clients, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy a diversity of projects. He/she must have outstanding communication, client-relations and presentation skills. Ideal candidate must also be flexible, hands-on, handle stress with grace and tact, have experience developing multi channel marketing communication strategy, and possess an excellent sense of humor.
The Client Services Director is responsible for managing and growing Tendo client relationships and collaborating with editorial executives to draft and develop proposals, scope projects, and manage project execution to ensure consistent client revenue growth. This individual shares profit and loss responsibility for discreet client projects and overall client relationships, and needs to be experienced in influencing outcomes regardless of reporting relationships.
Account and Engagement Leadership
Manage Account Administration Systems and Process
- Client management and project leadership:
- Expand and solidify ongoing relationship with clients to understand their business direction and strategy. Develop and regularly review Tendo client account strategy in light of business and market shifts. Proactively stay one step ahead of client with regard to Tendo contribution and deliverables.
- Proactively and in collaboration with editorial executives identify and propose content marketing solutions to client challenges and program execution (use of new or alternative content types, alternate approaches for presenting concepts that will drive increased engagement, etc.)
- Identify and develop new engagement opportunities and opportunities for service expansion or evolution in collaboration with editorial team leads
- Draft proposals with a clear articulation of project goals and objectives, audience, KPIs and success metrics. Clearly articulate Tendo delivery approach, key activities and deliverables, including estimated timeframe and costs. Create SOWs and manage processing of SOWs, POs and invoices.
- Lead client communication for assigned accounts and engagements. Manage client expectations as needed and communicate progress as appropriate. Anticipate, resolve and mitigate client issues and problems.
- Project and Team Management:
- Scope project deliverables accurately, contribute to team resource plan and forecast, develop freelance cost budget, and develop project timelines in collaboration with editorial team lead.
- Collaborate across Tendo functions to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget, while meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Provide project management leadership and communication to teams of staff and freelancers, ensuring they are appropriately focused and work is delivered on time and on budget.
- Proactively manage and solve problems of scope or deliverables in collaboration with editorial executive lead as needed
- Manage project schedules and clarify process and deliverables to client stakeholders
- Optimize service delivery processes to ensure client needs are met and responsive service is delivered. Oversee and manage content delivery team to evolve and adapt workflows and project management processes
- Develop and maintain needed tools, processes and workflow to track, forecast and manage account contracts, billing, forecasting and information flow for all Tendo projects and client accounts
- Lead the adoption and ongoing implementation of account management systems and processes among Tendo colleagues and stakeholders
- Evolve and refine processes, tools, systems and workflow as needed to support business needs
How to Apply
- A minimum of 10 years of publishing sales, client services or agency account leadership experience is required.
- Candidates must either have editorial/journalism experience and/or have a reverence for the editorial process and a clear understanding of content marketing. Willingness to learn from editors while collaborating with them is critical.
- Knowledge and experience in B2B technology marketing is highly desirable.
- Strong management/leadership ability, with 5+ years of experience managing teams of 5 or more people. Must be effective leading cross functional, highly matrixed teams.
- Must be detail oriented and able to administer account engagements, while strategic enough to see the big picture to proactively develop effective and innovative solutions.
- Must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications; including mastery of MS Powerpoint, and Excel with working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Must be able to independently develop and present Microsoft PowerPoint proposals, presentations, and final deliverables.
- Must possess highly evolved communication and presentation skills to be able to interact clearly and proactively in all client interactions, including e-mail, phone, and face-to-face meetings.
Candidates for this position should email a current resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include “Director, Client Services” and your name in the subject line. No phone calls please. We will contact you if we are interested in setting up an interview.
About Tendo Communications
Located in San Francisco’s SOMA district (on the edge of South Park, near AT&T Park), Tendo Communications develops audience-focused customer communications programs in print, on the web, and across social channels. Our work connects our clients with their audience while fostering strong relationships and delivering value.
We are a company of strategic and creative thinkers—seasoned editors, writers, marketers, and designers who know how to develop strategies and create content that resonates with target audiences. We understand how to create and leverage Web, print, and social media to engage audiences and keep them connected.
For more information, see www.tendocom.com .