The Director, Clinical Excellence (CE) is responsible for guiding and supporting the implementation of clinical excellence initiatives in partnership with clinical and administrative leaders in the Health Ministries and staff in other departments of the System Office. The Director will provide project management, facilitation and analytic support for a broad range of initiatives and projects focused on clinically-related activities at the System and Ministry level. He/she will ensure that such activities are coordinated within the department and across other strategic areas to minimize duplication of effort and maximize outcomes. The Director will function in an independent, self-directed manner within a non-hierarchical department.
- Exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
- Provides master-level project management, facilitation and direction to collaboratives and teams formed to support clinical initiatives.
- Develops project work plans, identifies deliverables, creates project timelines and milestones, and monitors progress against the timelines; keeps CE leadership informed of progress.
- Assists in identifying and evaluating best practices, both internal and external; utilizes existing venues to foster information sharing and spread and adoption.
- Promotes communication, networking and knowledge transfer among clinical leaders across Ascension Health.
- Contributes to strategic planning and development of strategic direction for the department.
- Assesses external environment for events, activities, processes, products that have potential to impact care delivery; prepares appropriate reports for leadership and dissemination to clinical leaders as appropriate.
- Provides support/information/education to assist Health Ministries withregulatory requirements.
- Provides planning assistance and staffs/leads meetings and training events, such as the Clinical Leadership Forum, High Reliability training, and clinically-focused education.
- Carries out special projects or duties as assigned.
- Education : Requires a Master’s degree preferably in the health care field, e.g., Healthcare Administration, Nursing or other clinical area and/or Systems Engineering, Organizational Behavior, Adult Education & Training, Business Administration or other similar degrees
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience : At least ten years’ experience in performance improvement; some hospital-based experience is usually required, preferably in acute care, multi-site settings.
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- A broad general knowledge of issues impacting the health care field as well as some area of relevant specialized knowledge, e.g., patient care management, outcome measurement, information management.
- Excellent organizational skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed yet able to work in a collaborative manner with staff from the Health Ministries, other departments in the System Office, consultants, vendors, etc.
- A leadership style which is clinically credible and based on the following criteria: relationship building skills; a collaborative management style; the ability to manage multiple and complex tasks concurrently; the ability to prioritize and implement programs and work streams; and experience in developing accountability and monitoring systems within the context of a complex, geographically-dispersed, and matrix system environment.
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills accompanied by the ability to analyze and present data to influence behavior, innovate, promote best practices, and drive organizational change
- Willing to travel.
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...