The Coastal Georgia Botanical Gardens at the Historic Bamboo Farm in Savannah invites nominations and applications for the position of Director . This role is responsible for fiscal, personnel and program management including operating policies, short- and long-term planning, and strategic goals. The successful candidate must have strong management, administrative, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills to implement that vision; an understanding of nonprofit organizations and academic institutions; and skills to play a major role in fund raising and development. http://www.caes.uga.edu/extension/bamboo/ Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications : Experience in educational program delivery, public relations, volunteer recruitment and management, development and implementation of strategic plans, fundraising and donor development, management and supervision of employees and excellent communications skills are essential. Previous experience in a management level position at a public garden is highly desirable. Previous experience at an institution of higher learning is also highly desirable. A Masters’ degree in a related discipline OR a current faculty rank of Senior Public Service Associate is required.
- Oversee the daily operations of the CGBG to include employee management and supervision, maintenance operations ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations/guidelines and provide leadership to increase the number and variety of supporting volunteers as well as provide leadership for the implementation of the Strategic Plan for the Gardens including facilities development, construction management and other related issues.
- Utilize the expertise of advisory groups, community leaders, public officials and representatives of intended audiences to analyze data, identify needs and assist in developing educational exhibits, programs or events.
- Provide leadership to enhance revenues including donor recruitment, fundraising campaigns, development of for-sale items and the development of self-sustaining programming and events; to enhance the visitor experience at the CGBG through initiation of new attractions, exhibits, programs and collections; and an aggressive marketing and public relations program for increasing visibility of the CGBG and to increase visitors.
- Participate in partnerships and facilitates collaboration with other organizations, institutions of higher learning, government entities, and similar groups with a special emphasis on developing partnerships with horticultural societies and related organizations.
- Provide leadership to a diverse group of supporting organizations, individuals, and government entities in a coordinated and efficient manner.
- Develop an evaluation plan to measure progress toward reaching established goals
- Demonstrate personal interest and involvement in community by participating in and supporting civic/community activities and organizations and networking with community leaders.
- Implement Cooperative Extension’s Equal Opportunity Plan
Salary and benefits: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The tentative start date for the position is June 1st, 2013. An excellent benefits package is available as a Public Service Faculty member of the University of Georgia. This position serves as a member of the Southeast District Extension Staff and is under the direction of the Southeast District Extension Director.
Application Procedures : To ensure consideration, your application must be received in UGA Human Resources’ iPAWS system by March 10th, 2013. Apply online at www.ugajobsearch.com (listed as “Public Service Faculty”). Please direct questions to: UGA SE District Office, P.O. Box 8112, Statesboro, GA 30460, (912) 681-0177, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agriculture and Natural Resources · Family and Consumer Sciences · 4-H Youth
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution
Institution Employment Link:
CIP Discipline Code:
Business Services (Admin code)
Public Relations & Development (Admin code)
Fundraising (Admin code)
The University System of Georgia
- 2 years ago - save job