Service Area: Invention
Functional Role: Communications Planning Director
Reports to: Client leadership on all business issues, Invention lead on quality of work
Experience: 7+ years
Current Position(s): Director of Communications Planning, Communications Planning Director, Strategic Planners at the SPD, GPD, or APD level and Group Director, Consumer Insights, Account Planning, Account Management and research
Mindshare is a next generation marketing services agency. We believe brands aren’t simply driven by an idea or ideals. A brand’s value is driven through a series of exchanges with people. We use insights and analytics to map this value exchange and to design a growth strategy. We infuse this strategy with creativity to invent communications ideas. We action these ideas via our robust global network of 114 offices in 82 countries with $27.8 billion (Source: RECMA) in media billings. Mindshare is part of GroupM, the leading global media investment management operation that serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Maxus, MEC, MediaCom, and Mindshare.
The Director, Invention (Communications Planning) is responsible for delivering powerful communication strategy and ideas across a wide range of channels inc, but not limited to traditional media, experiential, digital and social media, retail, promotions, sampling, crm and events to solve the clients challenge. They will be required to work with the clients at the early stage of brief development,
Challenging, and helping to shape the brief. They will draw on Consumer, Cultural, Brand, Product and Marketplace Insights to develop communication strategy and ideas. They will drive creativity and forge strong relationships with other agency partners. They will be expected to extend the Mindshare
relationship with the client to the senior brand and insights team.
- Act as a communications consultant to clients
- Lead the entire communications development process from the beginning
- Help clients set their marketing objectives, influencing their strategy and set their communication objectives.
- Extend Mindshare relationship beyond the media client
- Develop a Communications Strategy - This should embrace 100% of the client communications investment where possible and is developed through unbiased consideration of channels and disciplines inside and outside the core expertise of media agencies.
- Brief the recommended disciplines (Promo, PR, web etc) and channel experts on what they need to deliver in the context of the strategy. This includes the media team at Mindshare.
- Ensures the work produced by the experts is on strategy
- Work collaboratively with other partner agencies and clients, gaining trust and credibility.
- Directly influence the creative development process: influencing the creative strategy working directly with the account planner and creative teams
- Liaise with media partners to import latest thinking and opportunities to the mindshare team
Job Skills & Requirements:
- 10+ years experience in client organizations, management consultancy, and/or marketing service agencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven capabilities in analysis, problem solving, strategic and conceptual development of marketing and communications
- Detailed awareness of client business issues, industry trends, consumer trends, promotional resources, market status and competition
- Must possess strong written, presentation and verbal skills
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Natural Curiosity and a desire to do things differently
Mindshare USA, doing business as Mindshare North America, is a leading media planning and buying organization serving clients in the US and...