The UM Global Communications team is looking for a highly collaborative and strategic Communications Director to drive the development, and implementation of the agency’s Public Relations and Communications strategies. Incumbent in this role will oversee the management of all UM’s internal and external communications, awards and media relations, as it relates to employee engagement and brand development.
- Thought Leadership: Develop and implement plans that effectively express the values and strengths of the brand/organization across constituent groups, including noteworthy strategic alliances, publishing initiatives, tent-pole events, etc.
- Social Strategy: By masterfully leveraging talent from across the organization, give voice to the best of the agency 365-days a year with expert perspectives on key topics whenever and wherever they are most relevant and in ways that further our key business objectives (externally and internally).
- Awards Program: Lead/coordinate initiatives that recognize, share, and celebrate great work from across the organization as a key source of inspiration and critical learning tool for both clients and employees alike maximizing all opportunities to achieve recognition for work well done.
- Industry Relations: Manage industry relationships with key associations and press partners to take full advantage of every opportunity to effectively tell the agency’s story in meaningful, powerful ways.
- Experience Management: Develop and coordinate key tent-pole events to bring the agency brand to life in exclusive ways – at key industry gatherings such as Cannes and CES and through signature brand events.
- Collaboration Force: Organize and run the Communications discipline as a catalyzing force for organizational good – motivating “best-of” brand behavior through a relentless focus on developing, celebrating and reinforcing our strengths.
- Team Management: Effectively manage the day to day operations of the Communications team to ensure high productivity and performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 10+ years of relevant Communications or Public Relations experience
- Solid track record of designing and implementing plans that break through the clutter in impactful ways
- Strong industry instincts and relationships
- Experience with successfully managing teams
- Curious and strategic mindset
- Highly collaborative spirit
Universal McCann - 14 months ago
Subsidiaries of this company come between brands and the general public. The Interpublic Group of Companies is one of the world's...