- Lead the Construction organization, including engineering, project management and field construction activities and personnel.
- Direct activities for multiple projects with capital budgets in excess of $100M each.
- Direct the construction consulting support to the development teams for all projects under development.
- Direct the development of processes and procedures to safely and effectively construct Acciona renewable energy generating facilities for “Best in Class Performance”.
- Lead in the recruitment, hiring and training of Construction personnel
- Be proficient at Root Cause Analysis to accurately improve overall project quality, schedule, cost and safety.
- Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records.
- Develop and present the organization’s project, capital and operating expense budgets for all construction functions. Identify cost reduction opportunities for analysis and implementation. Lead analysis of Construction cost performance against budget.
- Identify, develop and build relationships with 3rdparty service providers.
- Serve as the company’s representative with customers and contractors.
- Responsible for the Safety and Environmental compliance of the organization’s personnel and subcontractors in accordance with federal, state and local laws, and Acciona policies, practices and procedures. Ensure all personnel and subcontractors meet technical and safety training requirements. Conduct and review safety analyses and reviews of hazards and energy sources. Develop a system of compliance checks for operating and safety rules.
- Facilitate the daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements for our internal and external customers, as well as KPI reporting.
- Facilitate development of employees by providing constructive feedback and continuous coaching/mentoring. Identify further training and education to enhance employee growth and continued job performance improvement.
- Direct the training of all construction personnel. Maintain required training certifications and proficiencies for self and team.
- Represent Acciona within the industry, including facilitation of professional presentations to national trade groups, and acting as an advisor to industry boards.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Financial Scope of Responsibility
Number of Direct Reports
Number of Indirect Reports
Budget: $1.5M to $2.5M
Project: $250M to $450M
11 to 20
150 to 450
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree and/or P.E. a plus.
- 10 – 15 years experience in Construction of energy facilities. A concentration in renewable energy industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated history of managing large work teams.
- Prior experience managing multiple large utility scale energy projects.
- Prior experience negotiating 3rdparty contracts.
- Demonstrate continuous commitment to safe operations. Be an active role model and constant resource to the organization.
- Ability to plan, direct switching and tagging for construction personnel in the construction of the renewable energy facility.
- Ability to travel 25% – 50% of time to domestic and international locations.
- Possess the ability to think and analyze situations, and determine and implement effective resolutions in a fast paced environment.
- Strengths will include excellent communications, organization, positive leadership, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to successfully interact with key executives, external and internal customers.
- Posses a working understanding of cost accounting, budgeting and contract implementation.
- Able to work in an indoor or outdoor environment.
- Ability to climb vertical ladders up to 300’.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Hold or be able to obtain a passport.
- Experience with project management tools (MS Project, Primavera), planning and budgeting tools and AutoCAD is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
ACCIONA North America - 11 months ago