Work Location: Madison, WI
Under the general direction of the VP - Consumer Sales & Service, this position is responsible for providing leadership and management of the Call Center Sales team through the strategic alignment, planning and execution of the Direct to Consumer (DTC) acquisition and retention processes. This role leads, manages and develops a cross-disciplined team of sales through 2 to 3 direct reports.
1. Responsible for the execution of the DTC sales plan and by providing advice, counsel and guidance to the Sales managers. Utilize appropriate sales/service resources (i.e. sales process, acquisition and retention focus, inbound and outbound leads maximization, etc). Create and lead an environment that promotes achievement of business goals using management practices aligned with the company’s core values.
2. Responsible for leadership, management and development of direct contact center sales talent within the Consumer Sales team. Promote a performance based culture.
3. Responsible for leading the Consumer Sales team towards effective business relationships between Marketing, Product, IT and the Sales team.
4. Provides input into the development and execution of Consumer sales, operational, marketing, and financial plans.
5. Responsible for implementing and participating in a strategic initiative to build Consumer Sales processes, tools and culture.
6. Maintains and incorporates thorough knowledge of competitive and market information. Possesses a strategic understanding of both the financial services marketplace and consumer preferences and leading trends, in order to proactively identify issues/opportunities/solutions.
7. Ensures common objectives are in place with other functional teams to achieve sales goals and overall business objectives.
8. Adheres to all sales and support processes that CUNA Mutual has determined as essential for distribution success.
9. Conducts self in a manner consistent with established policies and procedures of ethical market conduct with high standards of honesty, fairness and integrity.
1. Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Insurance or related field or an equivalent trade-off of related professional work experience.
2. 8-10 years of sales leadership experience preferred, with specific experience in call center sales management.
3. Strong business acumen, with deep understanding of the direct to consumer marketplace.
4. Proven experience in developing strategies which will improve competitive position.
5. Proven sales ability; proven successful track record in sales management.
6. Demonstrated ability to assess business risk and understand implications of proposed actions.
7. Highly advanced leadership skills that develop and maximize the talent of both individuals and teams.
10. Strong collaborative/influence skills ability to manage both up and down.
11. Well developed communication skills.
12. Strong sense of ownership and accountability
13. Hires, fires, supervises, evaluates, develops and coaches management and front line staff.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 8+ years
Area of Interest(s): Claims, Customer Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: MML20122106-87662
CUNA Mutual Group - 2 years ago